Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Jaguarandine said:
Hey Zodttd, I was wondering if you plan on continuing to develop this emulator to the limit on the gp2x, or will you probably continue work on the new system coming out?
I wish people would stop saying things like that.

Anyway, psx4all should work on any ARM9 CPU platform. So it wouldn't matter if he put it on hold now or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! He can only be a very talented developper if Zodttd 'hired' him :)
He seems to be the guy who developped a PSX emulator for PSP from scratches (yapsxp)

"He’s extremely talented and is planning some major retooling of psx4gp2x to incorporate both CPU’s in a very unique manner. Nothing of this magnitude has been done or attempted before on the GP2X"
I'm quiet excited now :)

Hi everyone. Yes, hlide and I have been working on redoing the emulator. Hlide already seems to know more about dual cpu usage than anyone I know and he just got the gp2x. We have some elaborate plans to bring much more performance to psx4gp2x. I'm hoping we can pull it off.
Unai is still onboard, and working hard. Without Unai we wouldn't have psx4all. :)

More news as it comes...

zodttd said:
Hi everyone. Yes, hlide and I have been working on redoing the emulator. Hlide already seems to know more about dual cpu usage than anyone I know and he just got the gp2x. We have some elaborate plans to bring much more performance to psx4gp2x. I'm hoping we can pull it off.
Unai is still onboard, and working hard. Without Unai we wouldn't have psx4all. :)

More news as it comes...
very exciting,
when you do the dual cores if possible allow the application to control the both the clocks.

Thats great news, you guys have everything you need, and there's no doubt you won't pull it off B)

CloudStrife said:
Thats great news, you guys have everything you need, and there's no doubt you won't pull it off B)
hell those are 2 great prgramers... but my problem is the gp2x really capable of playing psx 3d games fullspeed...i mean look at fpsce its not "fullspeed" yet.

predatorramboxxx said:
CloudStrife said:
hell those are 2 great prgramers... but my problem is the gp2x really capable of playing psx 3d games fullspeed...i mean look at fpsce its not "fullspeed" yet.

Maybe not without frameskip, who am I kidding, I'm pretty sure after these guys are through we can be able to play FF7 with decent frames (already plays pretty well) and I'm hoping for Castlevania SOTN lol which shouldn't be as demanding as FF7. Anyway, good luck guys, you have a great challenge ahead!

Great news ! I think it is very possible for a huge amount of psx games to run fullspeed on the gp2x and there are already quite a lot running fullspeed or very near it. Actually i might digg out my gp2x and start tryin more psx games again since ive not touched my gp2x for a while now.

zodttd said:

More news as it comes...
Who is hlide? ^^ Well, it sounds like you guys could squeeze the last bit of performance out of the GP2X. Very impressive. :) I wonder what you could do with the new ED/Craigix Handheld? ;)

fusion_power said:
Who is hlide? ^^ Well, it sounds like you guys could squeeze the last bit of performance out of the GP2X. Very impressive. :) I wonder what you could do with the new ED/Craigix Handheld? ;)
Take a look at Zod's blog ^^

And according to Zod, hlide is so talented that his use of the 2nd processor may not be 'the last bit of performance', but rather the beginning of something... well, really cool ;)

sehs33 said:
hlide officially joins the psx4gp2x team!
http://zodttd.com/46/welcome-hlide-to-the-psx4gp2x-team/
Our favourite emu is still alive, IT IS ALIVE :D

huh ? what's the buzz here ?

Oh my god !

ok, ok, ok, what can I say ?

I got a gp2x so I can hand a help to Zodttd.

Discovering that gp2x has a second processor which is hardly used in homebrew (or not fully used), I thought it may be interesting to find how to use it fully.

Initially there were two options :

- just emulating GPU on 940.
- running dynarec and recompiler on 940 and emulating devices on 920.

I think using the second option is more exciting for several technical reasons i wouldn't detail here.

hlide said:
sehs33 said:
hlide officially joins the psx4gp2x team!
http://zodttd.com/46/welcome-hlide-to-the-psx4gp2x-team/
Our favourite emu is still alive, IT IS ALIVE :D

huh ? what's the buzz here ?

Oh my god !

ok, ok, ok, what can I say ?

I got a gp2x so I can hand a help to Zodttd.

Discovering that gp2x has a second processor which is hardly used in homebrew (or not fully used), I thought it may be interesting to find how to use it fully.

Initially there were two options :

- just emulating GPU on 940.
- running dynarec and recompiler on 940 and emulating devices on 920.

I think using the second option is more exciting for several technical reasons i wouldn't detail here.

I dont care, asslong as resident evil directors cut and wipeout will work flawlessly :) :) :)

Back