Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Cervante said:
Ripster said:
It's been a few hours now... I was hoping for an update from zodttd on how the beta testing was going... and maybe... a release date. I am sure all of us would like to beta test for him.. WOULD'NT WE..???

Were all excited Rip but remember that the developers are doing this in their free time, for all we know they could be getting drunk, high or having sex with like 20 girls (or dudes).

True, true :lol:

Impressive speed, specially the mortal kombat video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ripster said:
It's been a few hours now... I was hoping for an update from zodttd on how the beta testing was going... and maybe... a release date. I am sure all of us would like to beta test for him.. WOULD'NT WE..???
Erm...

if You wanna help :

<FROM ZODTTD>
Would you like to be beta tester of the upcoming psx4gp2x version? I’m looking for a couple of people with the following requirements:

1. Is registered on www.zodttd.com (so you can message me)

2. This is most important. You are able to make YouTube videos of games running on the beta builds “in-action”.

3. Has a good library of playstation games and knows how to rip them for testing on psx4gp2x.
</FROM ZODTTD>

else : Thx waitin for a public release and donate ;)

Unai and I have one more bug to squash before making a public release, but when we do it will be good. :)

I know that programmers are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts... and on their own time. I was only teasing... and was hoping for some sort of update to the testing, I was not pressing for a release. Zodttd has been very good at keeping everyone in the loop... communication is an important part of anything you do... and ohhhhhhhhhhh... there he is.

Thanks for the update Zodttd...

I am aware the release will will be available when its ready... but you just can't help but be a little excited, given the news of the latest feature set.

And... not that I want to correct you Zodttd... but it sounds like it will be "GREAT"

zodttd said:
Release 080407 is out at http://www.zodttd.com
If it gets good feedback I'll make it newsworthy. :p

Hmmm..whatever you have done with this new release, you seems to be on the right way. With the last one I had round 2.5 FPS ingame (real) at DBGT Final Bout, now I have round 5 FPS :lol: Sonds not impressive first but we could say, you have doubled the FPS rate ;)
Do this 10x and when we at 50 FPS, everything is perfect XD.

It sure is much faster than the first frameskip beta!!
Actually the games runs very fast (wipeout for example), but not smooth enough to be playable!
But if you can imagine the game displaying enough frames for the game to be smooth, it would be very fast! If you see what I mean -_-'

I think I should try some 2D games. How good are the PSX Versions of C&C and Diablo? Fun like the PC versions or just a crappy console ports with crappy console controlls?

Aight Zodttd, here's my first attempt at capturing w/gp2x. This is all I have for now as my pc with my backup .bin files are on a PC that is having it's heatsink RMAed <_<

Anyways here they are with FF7 (both have ram timings on and use .bin/.cue files):

GP2X clock at 200mhz, no sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwBModKzSY

GP2X clock at 290mhz, with sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WfvTC_R_1g

Lemme know if you need anything more specific in further videos. BTW, you rock.

Here is a video of FF8 at 290mhz w/ram timings and .bin/.cue files using latest public version. It is really buggy as it will crash if you enable framelimit during the opening fmv. Also, the emulator crashed while walking with quistis down the hallway (and oddly, it crashed my entire computer. That has never happened before thru the tv capture card- wtf?). But here is what I could get. I will upload more videos here as I make them:

FF8

Chocobo's Racing

FF9

I have tested In The Hunt and with interlace 0 , autoframeskip 2/3 , Sound ON is like 30 frames all the time.Default clock and cycle settings (100/2.5) When the audio works better this game will be like playing in the originas PSX almost. :)

I have tested Ace Combat 1 and o_O with the same settings above is running incredible well, this 3D game is fully playable and enjoyable o_O

Thank you for all Zodttd :)

Hey Zodttd, I was wondering if you plan on continuing to develop this emulator to the limit on the gp2x, or will you probably continue work on the new system coming out?

Back