Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Agh... you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a trace amount of wifi while on vacation. Are we going to have access to this beta soon? I'm just hoping I'll be able to try it in time before I have absolutely no internet access. :p

That'd be a huge drag. ;)

cowai said:
the Vrender 3D can the psp's 3D hardware?
I was just looking at the specs on the psp vs Vrender 3d. It seems the PSP claims 33Million polygons per second while the vrender only 1.5million. I think there must be something I'm missing though;

"Graphics Accelerator: 1.5 million polygons per second (OpenGL ES supported)" - wikipedia on XGP

"the PlayStation Portable is capable of rendering 33 million flat-shaded(?) polygons per second"

Also there innumerable other bits and bobs to the Vrender. FSAA? My Intel 945GM doesn't even do that!! But basically I conclude that I don't know enough to guess that one, but I was still getting excited ;). Now what was going on again... Ah yes, still waiting on a release of the Amazing PSX on a shoestring...

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Alex. said:
I hope the 'new one' won't be a MK3 that will give an unfair performance advantage over its older sisters :)
Ah, I'd think the new one would have to kick the PSP firmly in the balls while having some decent backward GP2X and GP32 compatibility.

:eek: !!!!!

Holy cow, I haven't been this excited about homebrew since... well, since GP2X was announced! :D

okay, craigix jokes about a new imaginery gph console and everybody goes bazooka... folks? are you for real? Now see here boys and girls, we are talking about a new release of THE most extraordinaire emulator on the gp2x!!! This is a huge breakthrough... as if this wasn't enough to excite me. I think craigix is screwing with your heads there and pulling some legs ;-)

Yeah man, the GP2X is still a baby. Psx4gp2x is it's first word and you're all talking about a supposed bump in GPH's belly? You should be ashamed!

Digging the '2x.

Word.

:D

Zeladin said:
cowai said:
I was just looking at the specs on the psp vs Vrender 3d. It seems the PSP claims 33Million polygons per second while the vrender only 1.5million. I think there must be something I'm missing though;

"Graphics Accelerator: 1.5 million polygons per second (OpenGL ES supported)" - wikipedia on XGP

"the PlayStation Portable is capable of rendering 33 million flat-shaded(?) polygons per second"

Also there innumerable other bits and bobs to the Vrender. FSAA? My Intel 945GM doesn't even do that!! But basically I conclude that I don't know enough to guess that one, but I was still getting excited ;). Now what was going on again... Ah yes, still waiting on a release of the Amazing PSX on a shoestring...

The MMSP3 will be released this year. The improvements over MMSP2 includes:
-ARM10 CPU
-a new graphics engine that supports gte/tse rendering.
-Internal Wavetable support. (MIDI/MOD/polyphonic style music)

I understand that the last two points were still present in the MMSP2+.

So what does ARM10 have over ARM9? It's a big jump. It's still low power, but it also does Float very well. I'm not aware of any devices that use ARM10. I know a few that use ARM11. I hope it's a ARM1020E.

icurafu said:
Zeladin said:
cowai said:

The MMSP3 will be released this year. The improvements over MMSP2 includes:
-ARM10 CPU
-a new graphics engine that supports gte/tse rendering.
-Internal Wavetable support. (MIDI/MOD/polyphonic style music)

I understand that the last two points were still present in the MMSP2+.

So what does ARM10 have over ARM9? It's a big jump. It's still low power, but it also does Float very well. I'm not aware of any devices that use ARM10. I know a few that use ARM11. I hope it's a ARM1020E.

ok so now this forum changed talking about the psx emu to a rumor about the new succesor of the gp2x.
is this a joke or something????? theres a new gp2x that is just as good as the psp graphical wise?????

who cares about a new thingy mibbober ! I think the psx on the psp or on a new thing that should easily handle it is so boring but psx on gp2x is is alot more exciting and interesting !

CABBAGES said:
who cares about a new thingy mibbober ! I think the psx on the psp or on a new thing that should easily handle it is so boring but psx on gp2x is is alot more exciting and interesting !
Dead right. At the end of the day there's still plenty of scope with the GP2x, anything else may never exist, and this emu thrills me more than say running psx on a psp, or on an actual psx! I like to see decent programming in action. And I love conquering the adversities of hardware (I've had much fun with my crummy integrated laptop graphics).

So yeah, probably shouldn't derail this topic. The one about d-pads looks wide open for derailment though... :)

heres a couple of videos of games running very well.

Buster Bros on 073007 ---------->HERE
Mortal Kombat Trilogy on 073107 ------>HERE

It's been a few hours now... I was hoping for an update from zodttd on how the beta testing was going... and maybe... a release date. I am sure all of us would like to beta test for him.. WOULD'NT WE..???

Ripster said:
It's been a few hours now... I was hoping for an update from zodttd on how the beta testing was going... and maybe... a release date. I am sure all of us would like to beta test for him.. WOULD'NT WE..???

Were all excited Rip but remember that the developers are doing this in their free time, for all we know they could be getting drunk, high or having sex with like 20 girls (or dudes).

Back