Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Incredible speed boost up :)

Thank you to Zodttd and the PSX4All team for past, present and future releases :)

i find it amazing there is more development on psx4gp2x than on epsxe - and epsxe isn't exactly 100% compatible yet either!

Einhader:
psx cycle 1
clock 80
interlance 1
ram tweaks on
270 mhz
Average FPS: 20

it drops to an average FPS of 14 when there is lots of enemies on screen or explosions.

EDIT: L2 and R2 works the same as L1 and R1 (weapon change) and i can't increase or reduce speed

chronno cross
psx cycle 1
clock 80
interlance 1
ram tweaks on
270 mhz
Average FPS: 20

it crashes the emu just after the new game selection, the game runs about 3 fps in the press start screen anyway

The Chrono Cross crash is normal, it happens with every psx emulator if I remember correctly. There's a work-around for it, dunno if it works with psx4gp2x but look around.

EDIT: L2 and R2 works the same as L1 and R1 (weapon change) and i can't increase or reduce speed

are you using
L TRIGGER+PUSH - L2
R TRIGGER+PUSH - R2

becasue every game ive tred
Vol down = L2
Vol Up = R2

Last edited by a moderator:
ok that seems to be the problem :p i was using
L TRIGGER+PUSH - L2
R TRIGGER+PUSH - R2

I don't have many isos on my computer right now, but I did have fear effect, which didn't seem to work, and Klonoa, which was pretty nice. It slows down ingame, but it's fairly nice 3D. That interlaced to 1 improved it greatly. :)

Excellent work. PSX on GP2X will once again trivialize my PSP, which will be wonderful. ^^

psx4gp2x Build 071607 has been added to the PSX4ALL DOWNLOAD page ay http://www.zodttd.com

It addresses some bugs found in Public Beta 5, including fixing the Memory Card issue once and for all. I also got some more optimizations done to the dynarec, though they might not be noticeable yet. Also, PSX CYCLE can be changed on the fly with Build 071607. And I fixed the documentation to reflect the proper L2/R2 keyconfig. :)

Zod I cant get Alien Ressurection working anymore with the new build. Ive tried a few different clocks and cycles but it just plays the FOX intro sound (no pictures) then it locks up the GP2X.

Is 30 fps fullspeed or is 60?

I'm playing tetris plus and it's running consistently at 33-34 fps, and very, very quickly. So quickly that I'm doing pretty bad because the blocks are dropping too fast. :p

EDIT: Does anyone with a capture card have this? I really think it should be added to the fullspeed list. By the way, I'm playing at 250mhz.

shinneri said:
Is 30 fps fullspeed or is 60?

I'm playing tetris plus and it's running consistently at 33-34 fps, and very, very quickly. So quickly that I'm doing pretty bad because the blocks are dropping too fast. :p

EDIT: Does anyone with a capture card have this? I really think it should be added to the fullspeed list. By the way, I'm playing at 250mhz.

Depends on the game :)

It seems that Castlevania SotN is running at 60FPS, Oddworld 30 (40 seems too fast), FF7 30 in game, 15 in combats

Wipeout is quite fast at 17FPS, i guess it's running at 30FPS but I almost never played it on a real playstation to compare speeds

Last edited by a moderator:
There's games that run at 1/2 and 1/3rd the NTSC/PAL framerate (60/50 respectively).

Excellent progress so far! :)

By the way, is U-nai still planning to move gpu to 2nd core?
Just imagining 2nd core + Rixed OpenGL tricks combo makes me drool :D

Oh i like that the cycle thing works now without havin to reload :D:D

shinneri: I will try tetris now and maybe make a video.

EDIT: With psx clock 100 and cycle 2 tetris plus is running at about 35 fps wich does seem to be too fast ! If you put interlace 1 then it gos over 50fps and it is really too fast so i think that tetris plus must be 30 fps or maybe even less for fullspeed.

Short Questuion to zodttd: In future versions, when this mentioned per-game-config method is included in the emulator, will there be ready and pre defined, optimized configs for common games included to? So starting and running without much configuration, only clock rate setting maybe? Would be a big benefit in handling this emulator. :)

Theme Park is also full speed--even the 3D walkthrough feature is 100% full speed. Though I'm confused whether the music is working... sound effects are, but music seems missing. :unsure:

It also might be running at a higher resolution than 320x240 because the text is hard to read (though not impossible)...

Back