Standby Mode?

I dont think there is one right now. But I am sure that in couple of months, with a firmware upgrade, and a kernel with suspend support, it could be done.

it turns off, but when u turn it on, its at the same point when it was turned off.

eg, ur playing guilty gear, and u hav to do sumthing and ur about to land a hit on ur opponent, u can put it on sleep, return and resume gameplay.

i use it alot in school. when a teacher is about to come over near me, i put it in sleep, and put it under my hat(which is on the table, :p )

The sleep mode on the psp works very much in the same way as hibernation mode works on a laptop, Where it writes the contents of memory to the hard drive/nand flash/sd card.

Scenario:
Your playing a game or watching a movie etc and you have to go to the toilet, Or mum call for you to go and have a bath/shower, Or anything for that matter that breaks you away from what you are doing on the psp, Or maybe you need to change batteries. What do you do ?, Remember where you got upto in the film you where watching or go to the menu in the emulator or game and create a saved game/state (If that is even supported at that particular part of the game), Or loose everything upto that point. Or do you shove the psp into standby/hibernation mode so you can continue EXACTLY where you left off.

I know which i would prefer.

Excuse the over use of the word OR. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Back