Gp2x Standby

Norwat

Still Fresh
hey guys!

Soo i've been using my sweet gp2x for 2years now and i can only find 2 defects on it .. lack of a 3d accelerator hardware and standby mode .. i know that the community cant do much about the first one but how about the second one ?

Is it possible to create a standby mode for the gp2x? I've already search the forum for it and google but i havent got any conclusive stuff, something about RCT clock ... ?

I dont know much about the gp2x inner workings but would it be possible to create something like a suspend mode or something ? a tool that suspend all the running task to disk like a laptop. Its somewhat annoying to always have to wait for the boot to finish and not being able to use the gp2x as PDA (which is my intention). As i say i dont know much about the gp2x inner workings but i have fairly good programming skills, if it is possible to do such thing .. im in

thx

I have used 'GP2X Sleep'. Not sure how well it works. I paused an emulator, activated it and the batteries still seemed to drain pretty fast. Maybe it works best when not in the middle of something.

I like the idea of GP2X Sleep more than Energy Saver because GP2X Sleep uses a button combo to activate rather than a period of idle time.

Ive been using EnergySaver for a while now. It works excellent! Great app.

IMO, the time option of EnergySaver is much more convenient than GP2X Sleep. I just pause the game while i'm changing trains and put the 2x in my pocket. Then just hold the L or R button for a second and i'm ready to go again.

grahf said:
IMO, the time option of EnergySaver is much more convenient than GP2X Sleep. I just pause the game while i'm changing trains and put the 2x in my pocket.
I can see your point, but being able to quickly send something in to standby (like with GP2X Sleep) has the advantage of 'locking' the device from accidental key presses straight away.

I think the best combo might be Energy Saver and a travel case to stop accidental key presses before it sleeps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be really perfect if Energy Saver had the added option of a key combo for instant sleep, and possibly required the same combo to wake it back up. Or vice versa, if GP2X Sleep incorporated a timer option.
Any chance one of you two devs would care to do a little updating? We can always hope :D

I would actually prefer this functionality be incorporated into gmenu2x. I have Energy Saver loading now from my autorun script before gmenu, but it would be nice to have it menu configurable.

grahf said:
I would actually prefer this functionality be incorporated into gmenu2x. I have Energy Saver loading now from my autorun script before gmenu, but it would be nice to have it menu configurable.
Nice idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back