Space Harrier On The Gp2x

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
One of the side-effects of my quest to grab up every Sega console is that I've become addicted to Space Harrier. Since Saturn and 32X aren't going to be emulated, is there anything else that could/would allow me to play Space Harrier on the GP2X?

Or are the scaling graphics too much ;)

There is a Space Harrier version on the Sega Genesis. So DrMDx is your friend...

Regards,
Stephan

IIRC the 32x version version was the beefiest console adaptation, followed by the MD one. Perhaps the Atari ST one is on par since its hardware is comparable to the MD/Genesis'.

I quite like that you can control your character on the ST version with the mouse, it actually works quite well for the style of the game. On GP2x, I'd have to say the Genesis version looks the best bet..

The only Space Harrier version I've played is the one on the arcade machine in Shenmue :wacko: I suspect that's pretty much the same as the Genesis version, and it's quite sufficient for me...

craigix posted on Jul 20 2006 at 11:02 AM said:
Megadrive, Atari ST, Sega Master System (2 versions on that), Spectrum, C64, CPC, PC-Engine, NES...

Thanks for the suggestions, but I know there have been ports... Really shitty ports that are impossible to play. Even the MD version is crap.

I should have specified "playable", or perhaps "arcade perfect, or close". Do I want to play a port of Space Harrier on a Spectrum emulator on an emulation handheld? Not particularly. It's like telling me I can play Metal Gear Solid on a Vectrex.

What I'm REALLY asking is if MAME supports it or will support it, if it's possible to support it if it's not currently supported.... lol

Epicenter posted on Jul 20 2006 at 02:17 PM said:
IIRC the 32x version version was the beefiest console adaptation, followed by the MD one. Perhaps the Atari ST one is on par since its hardware is comparable to the MD/Genesis'.

Well, there was a Saturn port as part of the first Sega Ages series, I don't know if it's particularly beefy, but a lot of people forget that one. As far as I can tell, the 32X version I play at home is completely arcade perfect, the framerate is perfect (Which is my major beef with the MD version) so the speed is unaltered, the graphics scale nicely, and the music is perfect. Too bad a 32X emu just isn't in the cards for the GP2X...

Mudi posted on Jul 21 2006 at 12:10 AM said:
The only Space Harrier version I've played is the one on the arcade machine in Shenmue :wacko: I suspect that's pretty much the same as the Genesis version, and it's quite sufficient for me...

That's arcade perfect. I bought Shenmue a while back, but the disc needs buffing; it won't play in my DC :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back