Slagger's Summary...

Rayek said:
I've been waiting for an easy way to play the GP2X with my friends/show movies to people on the TV from the GP2X without having to plug crap in every time,
The TV-out cable has been out for a good while. If you got an GP2X MK2 you don't need extra power for devices such as gamepad (low-power).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rayek said:
So if I don't have the dev B.O.B., then I'm stuck with the commercial one? Honestly, I've been waiting for an easy way to play the GP2X with my friends/show movies to people on the TV from the GP2X without having to plug crap in every time, so it seems like an OK idea, considering the Crucible can't ve made by me.

One question about the B.O.B. USB connectivity: How many emulators/apps actually use them, or allow people to use them?
PicoDrive
MAME
GneoGeo
CPS2
AlexKidd
SCUMM

... a couple of others, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. So, really, Picodrive replaced DrMDx as the better Mega Drive emulator, right? Good news that GnGeo allows multiplayer. The few times I actually hooked up my GP2X to a TV at a games store to showcase it, I used the brilliant SNK fighters, and most people asked if they could play, too.

Yeah, I have a TV-out cable, but didn't go for the 'brick' to hook it up to the wall, so the most play time I would get out of it was about an hour with fully charged, nifty batteries. I think it's a great idea to be able to dock it somewhere, and basically turn it into a powerful, emulating, home console. (God, I love this machine.)

About the GP2X Mk2, unfotunately, I have early-adopters' syndrome. I lucked out in the ways of overclocking, though, and can clock up quite high on my 'Mk1'.

Yes, it sucks. Hence me asking for a quick summary instead of finding it all out myself, as it would take weeks.

Back