Your Favorite Apps/games For The Gp2x?

pariah

I'm sure that this has at least been touched on, but I wanted to see an "updated" report. What are the games/apps whatever that you use most. What games are are you totally addicted too, can't stop playing, can't put down, waste all your 2500 nmh batteries on?

Me, I'm all about DrMds and now the Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man/Pengo drivers for Mame along with the Williams drivers, specifically Joust and Robotron. I can't get enough! I am also totally addicted to Tilematch, especially since it has sounds. I don't know what it is, but since it has sounds I play a lot more. What a great game! I love the graphics and the sound. Oh, oh oh, and I'm a total whore for the Scumm port! I've been playing Sam and Max and MI2 like nobodies friggin' business! Those are my GP2x Passions? What are yours?

Pariah B)

sbt posted on Dec 19 2005 at 12:44 AM said:
DrMD / NeoGeo (I love Turfmasters) / Tilematch.... the list goes on

I need to check out the NeoGeo stuff. I'm a total Metal Slug whore. I need my fix.

Pariah B)

Last edited by a moderator:
DrMD and Frodo, I don't have anything else on my SD card at the moment.

Looking forward to the next versions of everything though (esp Gameboy), and, in the hopefully not-too-distant future, Fellow and full speed SNES!

So happy with my GP2X, it was worth all the agony of waiting :)

Got two one-gig PNY cards. The first has games such as Tilematch and the like, pictures, MP3s, Movies (a few Ranma 1/2 OAVs) and a metric assload of ebooks. The second has all EMU stuff, DrMDS, Mame, NES, Super NES, Scumm, etc. Like I said above I really need to check the NeoGeo Stuff soon. I need me some Metal Slug happiness.

Pariah B)

My Top 5 at the moment

1. DrMD - Gunstar Hero and VectorMan own my GP2x :)
2. TileMatch - gotta play every day
3. Lady Killer - call me whatever you want, but I'm having fun. ;P
4. PCEngine - Galaga90 and the rest of shooters
5. NeoCD - for all the 2D shooter glories without the sound...

Narcissu (great visual novel!)
DrMD (sonic, phantasy star, shining force, etc.)
Neogeocd (pustar and metal slug)
Rock dodger (my favorite short-spurt game! great for those few extra minutes)
Snes emu (I am playing chrono trigger using the sound core one as the faster core freezes on me....)
frodo (M.U.L.E.!!! I just discovered this game less than a month ago and I can't get enough of it!)

I could write a lot more, but these are what I've spent the most time playing.

OMG! SPOUT! spout bubbleX and the ebook reader and videoplayer have had all my attention the last 2 or 3 days, i got almost to a thousand height(i think i had 940 something) on spout with like 3887 points or so! such an addictive game!

Hehe, Frodo and the stand-alone Black Tiger emu are # 1 and 2 respectively, the new TG-16 emu is a fast rising #3, then DrMD then NES emu.

I wouldn't even look twice at a gpx2 if it wasn't for the emulators. The movie and mp3 playbacks are both done better on different portables and are just a nice bonus here. :)

Haven't had that much time to try too much but...

DrMD - it rocks, finished streets of rage 2 yet again and got to the last mission on jungle strike.
Super Methane Brothers - Have been playing this all night at work (was definetly one of my fave games on the Amiga).
Duke2x - Kicking ass and chewing gum B)
Ebook Reader - Scared myself shitless reading some HP Lovecraft
MP3 Player
Video Player (couple of episodes of monkey dust and beavis & butthead can never go wrong)

And I know it's not a game or anything, but the MontyPython Skin rocks the casbah :lol:

Eolair posted on Dec 18 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
C64 emulation, without that I wouldn't even think about gp2x ;)
I haven't been able to get most of the disk images I downloaded to work properly. Some start up but don't go anywhere past the title screen. Maybe they're bad images? Is Turrican supposed to have the music from Tranformers: The Movie when they're escaping from Autobot City on its title/high-score screen? Either way, I want that sid-styled version of that song on mp3 for a mix CD or something.

DrMDx has been it for me in the way of favourites, though. Quake is good, too, and pytetris and tilematch sneak in when I'm only playing for a few minutes at a time. I'm gonna start on The Ur-Quan Masters when I finish Phantasy Star 4 here, too.

Don't forget the c-64 was a computer, not a console.

Many times you will have to go into the virtual keyboard (l-shoulder) and input keystrokes such as return, or f-1/f7 to start a game or input names etc.

I tried that. However, when I'm at a screen that says "Press Fire Button to Start" and pressing the Fire button does nothing, I wonder if maybe the disk image I have is not so good.

pariah posted on Dec 19 2005 at 02:40 AM said:
What are the games/apps whatever that you use most. What games are are you totally addicted too, can't stop playing, can't put down?
gcc ;)

taras posted on Dec 19 2005 at 01:48 AM said:
Did you try swapping the joystick port?
Yes. Repeatedly. I'm not going to go into any further troubleshooting and ruin this thread, though. If anyone wants to help further, PM me. I'm not too worried about it, though. The apps I listed earlier will keep me busy enough. :)

1. Tilematch - Great puzzle game.
2. Kobo Deluxe - Space Shooter, hope this one gets save features sometime.
3. DrMDx

Back