128 Barrier

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
One important note about the gp2x... if it does nothing else... it will be worth buying for one simple reason even if it never emulated anything better than the gp32... we will be evolved beyond smc cards.

This community has complained off and on for a long time about not being able to break the 128 wall... and this will allow us to...

EDIT... um its been a while since I posted... someone built a house in the open field of my cam...

Great point, thats exactly what I am thinking. Between the higher capacity and cheaper cards and the nice screen (I have a nlu :( ) I will definitely be getting this.

deadlychicken22 posted on Sep 12 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
Great point, thats exactly what I am thinking. Between the higher capacity and cheaper cards and the nice screen (I have a nlu :( ) I will definitely be getting this.
If you look at many of its advantages and then consider its *unkown* but supposedly cheap price, you will see that many of us have been grouchy and cynical as we usually seem to be(seriously this IS sometimes the grouchiest forum, not the most immature- but definately the grouchiest) . Although I'm not mentioning any names... that would take awhile :blink: ;) *cough *cough*. Sorry I have a cold. No, really- I do :p .

Last edited by a moderator:
deadlychicken22 posted on Sep 12 2005 at 05:55 PM said:

The faster dual proccessor, 2 extra face buttons, tv out, and more ram!
This is exactly why I am getting it always wanted a gp32 and this makes perfect sense.

I will either get a 1 or 2gb card, probaly a 1gb but if the price of the 2's start to fall.

WTF? Who the hell builds a house in an open field like that? It looks really strange ;)

But yeah, an nice backlit screen (I am still on NLU),SD and TV out plus the option for perfect SNES pretty much is all I want from the gp2x. Everything else is just a really nice addition.

yeah, what the heck is up with that house in the middle of that field? ??? which country is this???

wow it HAS been a while since you posted... but then again when you see Extreme Home makeover that they can build a house as big as a mansion in a week that seems kinda pathetic. I atleast hope they actually OWN that field. :D

While a faster dual processor, better storage and more buttons sounds cool to most of us I think people are probably annoyed that it's not a bit more. Especially those who have a BLU already but if the new hardware brings new applications and new blood to our neck of the woods it's worth it.

people seems to forget that this is no 200mhz cpu, but a DUAL 200mhz cpu. And that's way better than a single 200mhz cpu, and i would take this over a single 300 mhz proccesor anytime. GPH claim it overpassed the 400mhz on numerious benchmark tests, is it true or it is not? You'll have to wait, but you can't tell it won't be as fast as a 400mhz yet. You just can't, 'cause you don't know everything yet. Maybe this new machine will be way better to emulate things such as neo geo and snes than the psp, who knows yet? Don't forget there's 64 mb of ram and Flash in there. I'm tired of hearing people bashing the gpx2 when it's not released yet. You can't tell the potential of the machine to emulate other machines then...but you cannot forget that this machine IS made for this, either.

Cahaz posted on Sep 13 2005 at 10:38 PM said:
people seems to forget that this is no 200mhz cpu, but a DUAL 200mhz cpu. And that's way better than a single 200mhz cpu, and i would take this over a single 300 mhz proccesor anytime. GPH claim it overpassed the 400mhz on numerious benchmark tests, is it true or it is not? You'll have to wait, but you can't tell it won't be as fast as a 400mhz yet. You just can't, 'cause you don't know everything yet. Maybe this new machine will be way better to emulate things such as neo geo and snes than the psp, who knows yet? Don't forget there's 64 mb of ram and Flash in there. I'm tired of hearing people bashing the gpx2 when it's not released yet. You can't tell the potential of the machine to emulate other machines then...but you cannot forget that this machine IS made for this, either.

And remember, there is also 2D acceleration! This makes the GP2X even more powerfull!

depends on how fast the gp2x can read the card. but for reading small files, I doub't it would make that much difference.

Cahaz posted on Sep 13 2005 at 08:38 PM said:
... You can't tell the potential of the machine to emulate other machines then...but you cannot forget that this machine IS made for this, either.

Well actually no. It was really made for movie playback. They just used an off the shelf magiceyes chip that was designed for video playback not emulation. We just hope that it will be well suited for emulation too but it is too soon to know for sure how far it can go with that.

Back