Sony Taking European Psp Importers To Court

how are sony losing out here?

they got paid for the PSP in the first instance.

would i get in trouble for selling my PSP?

surely they should be going after every single ebay PSP auction that sells to europe, africe, australia etc.

seriously, what is this bullshit

it's obvious proof that they rip us off

by selling us cheper PSPs the importers are taking money away from SONY, because when they launch the unit over here they will be makin ~ £50 extra per unit

as Matt says, the European Release Price Tag is going to be much more expensive than the US release Price Tag..

Sony want us to wait untill September and Pay £50 - £100 more!!!!!

Even When its released in Europe, I bet people will still import it so it works out cheaper :)

I bet Sony is Pissed they made it Multi Region now :p

I can't see how Sony have a leg to stand on. If I go to Japan on holiday and buy a PSP are they suggesting I have to give it back before I leave? If they don't want them to be sold by importers over here, why don't they go after the people supplying the importers? At the end of the day, as Spray says, they've already sold it once, how can they dictate what is done with an item after it's been sold?

legally its totally sound

i've thought about it a bit and read around

sony own the trademarks to the PS symbol, various parts of the controller and crucially the trademark for playstation. the companies selling the PSP are thus making money thanks to these trademarked things.

someone with more legal knowledge would explain it better but thats basically it.

hence why electric birdland was attempting to unify the indes under the banner that the trademarks of PSP and UMD are not owned by sony within Europe.

the intresting thing is that they dont actualy have the trendmark in uk, they have absulutly no leg to stand on.Its so loughable stupid, all they do is pissing off potential customers.

Sony do have a leg to stand on, see levi vs tesco (etc.)

I had the honor of being the first website Sony went after.

They are quite unstoppable too, they are going to court and demanding all customer details and all profits + damages. (court cases won't be for a long time)

Giving thesedetails to them is of course impossible as gbaxltd does not keep customer details.

Sony just seem to want to bankrupt as many uk websites who have been selling the PSP (allegedly).

I know Dan quite well and he will be keeping the scenes updated with news, I believe he will be the first to goto court as he wants to do it asap.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

:unsure: they are sueing gbax!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BAD BAD SONY!!!!

wheres dony hq. im not going on a crazed one man attack throwing sony prodects filled with C4 and nerve gas :unsure:

wheres dony hq. im not going on a crazed one man attack throwing sony prodects filled with C4 and nerve gas :unsure:

We need another one of them GP32 Sam Fisher Adventure stories again (or what ever it was :D ) but this time going to Sony HQ :p hehe

And damn, thats not good, Im just woundering why they want Customer Addresses??? they cant exactly go around to everyone who bought a imported PSP and take it off them can they???!!!??...

Also, WHAT are they going to do about places like RADIO 1 who gave (I think) 2 imported PSP's away?? Also that Competition advert on the TV giving away free PSP's.

Hope everything works out ok Craig... Do you want to give me a PSP before Sony confiscates them all??? :) Joke hehe (but I wouldnt say No if you decide to :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

If you look at gbax's PSP pages, you'll see the text "Operated by PSPnow!, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China.", so I'm assuming Craigix doesn't actually stock any PSPs (and thus doesn't import any) and they are all shipping directly from China, so I fail to see how Sony can take them to court? (of course gbax will still be making a profit, but they will not be importing them themselves).

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend went to hong kong for holiday, and was expecting to buy a psp on the way, guess what they said? we dont sell to white people or some crap like that!!!! hahahahahahahaaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is some tuff bull crap!!! i would have just taken the psp from there stalls and ran off, only to find that the women selling them had snipers on the roof tops trying to protect the psp's :*(

But I'm sure Vimacs is right-sony don't own the PSP trademark in the UK, so they can't do anything, surely...?

Since this story broke I've only seen the number of UK importers increasing - Ebuyer.co.uk, 7dayshop and Bigpockets to name but a few all have PSPs for sale.

Back