SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

Some sources are saying we in the US won't receive stimulus checks until March. Hopefully there are more PS5s by then.

The House of Representatives did put out a spending bill today, which keeps the stimulus eligibility requirements the same as the last stimulus.

@Nintendo Need some technical advice.

I'm having trouble deciding between PS5 and XSX now, so I had a crazy idea. If I were to plug a 55" 4K TV, a Nintendo Switch dock, a PS5, and an XSX all into the same multi-outlet at once, would it break the universe?

With $1400, I was thinking I could swing both, and not have to worry about exclusives. I would get the $400 PS5 and the $500 Xbox, of course. I think I may have room for all three too, after learning that the XSX can be mounted horizontally.

Edit: You know, actually, looking online, it seems like all you can get is bundles now. Guess I'm gonna have to choose.

Last edited:
According to Reddit, the PS5's Zen 2 CPU is missing some parts. The more informed sounding people were saying this is expected though, that the PS5 doesn't need a full CPU feature set, and costs had to be cut somewhere.

In other news, Nintendo's stick drift issues have spread into a war over all sticks everywhere. Only three months into the PS5, and Sony is dealing with a stick drift lawsuit. I didn't know stick drift in the DualSense was any more frequent than normal, and I still doubt it is.

I don't even know what stick drift is. Pretty sure I haven't encountered it in any of my consoles / handhelds, PS5 included.
It's when the stick thinks it's receiving input even when you aren't touching it. This can be due to the stick not being properly centered. Most companies, Dragonbox included, avert this by putting huge "deadzones", areas that don't count as input, in the center of the their sticks.

The Switch, even with huge deadzones, had a really high rate of stick drift. I kinda doubt the DualSense has the same high rate, but it is kind of early to tell. For all I know, DualSense is stick drift hell.

Edit: Addendum: The best way to avoid stick drift is to avoid using your sticks too much. Don't play 12 hours a day, and don't play Mario Party, so help you God.

Sounds like something a (software) recalibration would fix.

Slightly off-topic, reminds me of "human drift", I've seen. My mother, bless her soul, would drift towards the TV while playing certain Wii games, and ended up punching the screen.

I tried recalibrating by letting her know that hitting the screen didn't affect her performance in the game in any positive way, but the drift did continue to be an issue.

Credit to Samsung - I'm not a particular fan of their TVs, but that screen did take quite a pummeling, and continued to work for many more years.

received_826992674646504.jpg
received_333681375138337.jpg

There was an article on Crunchyroll today about how PS5 is the fastest system to reach 10 million units sold. Someone in the comments said that they have still never seen a working PS5 in real life. Those are pretty much my thoughts too.

There was an article on Crunchyroll today about how PS5 is the fastest system to reach 10 million units sold. Someone in the comments said that they have still never seen a working PS5 in real life. Those are pretty much my thoughts too.
Well I have one already, got lucky on Newegg right on a restock.... otherwise your only source will be Ebay for likely double the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Someone in the comments on that article said a smaller heatsink might actually help, since the old heatsink pushed some heat onto the RAM. I’m thinking that could just be fanboy rationalization though.

@Nintendo Need some technical advice.

I'm having trouble deciding between PS5 and XSX now, so I had a crazy idea. If I were to plug a 55" 4K TV, a Nintendo Switch dock, a PS5, and an XSX all into the same multi-outlet at once, would it break the universe?

With $1400, I was thinking I could swing both, and not have to worry about exclusives. I would get the $400 PS5 and the $500 Xbox, of course. I think I may have room for all three too, after learning that the XSX can be mounted horizontally.

Edit: You know, actually, looking online, it seems like all you can get is bundles now. Guess I'm gonna have to choose.

Only buy a PS5. XSX is crap.

And, it's safe. It won't break the universe.

Well, it's almost 2022, and I still don't have a PS5. I didn't get my PS4 until 2016 and got rid of it in less than three years. Still, this time seems different, if only because, as far as I know, @Nintendo is still the only person on this forum with a PS5. They've sold ten million of them, but no one knows where they all went.

Now that Japanese companies have figured out how to release their games for PC, consoles don't feel quite as necessary anymore. I guess they would be economical, if they were actually available for purchase.

Well, it's almost 2022, and I still don't have a PS5. I didn't get my PS4 until 2016 and got rid of it in less than three years. Still, this time seems different, if only because, as far as I know, @Nintendo is still the only person on this forum with a PS5. They've sold ten million of them, but no one knows where they all went.

Now that Japanese companies have figured out how to release their games for PC, consoles don't feel quite as necessary anymore. I guess they would be economical, if they were actually available for purchase.
I'm waiting for the 'light' version that is probably going to be a bit smaller and hopefully one that can actually be bought in a store. It's not that they don't sell, just that they are directly sold out.
Only buy a PS5. XSX is crap.

And, it's safe. It won't break the universe.
I'll get both eventually, I don't see why XSX is worse then PS5. It's a tiny bit cheaper also.

Like you and Facebook, I refuse to have a Microsoft account. It's a personal choice and I won't list my reasons as it's not the place for it.

Which console is objectively "better" is moot, as without accepting their services, it will not function.

Back