SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

TeDaDeS

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Like you and Facebook, I refuse to have a Microsoft account. It's a personal choice and I won't list my reasons as it's not the place for it.

Which console is objectively "better" is moot, as without accepting their services, it will not function.
Modern consoles require internet for a lot of things.
I see the XSX requires an account on first setup, and can be offline afterwards (which is a good reason to not have one if you don't want an account).
For the PS5 I couldn't find a conclusive answer, looks like it might work without internet and running purely from disk.
Having a PS5 diskless-edition isn't a good option either then, if you don't want to have a PSN account.
Luckily it doesn't require an app to use, which for some reason is really in nowadays for things that really don't require one. Like a hotel that only gives access via an App (why people? If it's an extra, sure. But not only an App. What if your phone dies...)

TeDaDeS

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Modern consoles require internet for a lot of things.
I see the XSX requires an account on first setup, and can be offline afterwards (which is a good reason to not have one if you don't want an account).
For the PS5 I couldn't find a conclusive answer, looks like it might work without internet and running purely from disk.
Having a PS5 diskless-edition isn't a good option either then, if you don't want to have a PSN account.
Luckily it doesn't require an app to use, which for some reason is really in nowadays for things that really don't require one. Like a hotel that only gives access via an App (why people? If it's an extra, sure. But not only an App. What if your phone dies...)
PS5 disk edition should work fine offline, including blue-ray playback:

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I had a 360 and original xbox. Live became much more of a thing during the 360 generation, so I had to miss out on that.
I actually still have a Star Wars edition 360. My one and only Xbox, and I do think it's great - although I haven't used it since I deleted my MS account. If it will work, I might dig it out and dust it off again over the xmas holidays.