SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

I signed up for PlayStation Stars. Anyone else in on that? It’s a new rewards program for PlayStation that rewards you for actually playing the games. They’re trying to increase engagement.

Right now I’m debating whether or not I want to download Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade. It comes with PS Plus, but it’s a whopping 90 GB download. I certainly don’t want to download it until I’m ready to play all the way through it and delete it.

I’m level 2 on PlayStation Stars now. There are four levels. Level 1 just requires you sign up. Level 2 requires you to buy one full game from the PS store and get one uncommon trophy, a trophy that less than half of players have. Cake. Level 3 requires two full game purchases, and the one you made for Level 2 counts, so you’re already halfway there. The catch though: It also requires 32 uncommon trophies. This could take a while. I think I’m not buying my next full game until I get those 32 uncommon trophies.

For the record, the first full game I bought was Mr. Driller: DrillLand, on sale for nine bucks.

Most of the trophies in DrillLand are classic difficulty only, so I started playing on that. Jeez is it tough though. Still only have three trophies, one of which you get for starting the game.

The cool thing about having two controllers is that I can charge one while I use the other. I’m kinda beat right now though. Cleared story mode level one in DrillLand. Still only have seven out of DrillLand’s forty-six trophies.

I downloaded FF7R, but haven’t played it yet. I did try out Hot Wheels Unleashed. Got six trophies. According to PlayStation Stars, I now have 9 out of 32 uncommon trophies needed to reach Stars level three.

Beat Memory Meadow in Astro’s Playroom. Two worlds down, two to go. Also, I’m up to 14 of 32 uncommon trophies needed for PS Stars level three.

Been looking through PS Plus’s Games Catalog. Anyone played Stray or Death Stranding? What are those like? Anything else in the Games Catalog I should look at? I have a weird PS4 phobia. A lot of those games have unobtainable trophies now.

Been looking through PS Plus’s Games Catalog. Anyone played Stray or Death Stranding? What are those like? Anything else in the Games Catalog I should look at? I have a weird PS4 phobia. A lot of those games have unobtainable trophies now.
Stray is being a cute cat encountering dangerous slugs that try to eat you, and with a story to reach the surface with your robot friend(s). Relatively short game though.
Death Stranding is like a walking-a-lot delivering packages game, but with nice scenery and nice graphics. Much longer game compared to stray but not as cute as the cute babies in this game might die.
Which one you prefer is a personal thing.

Cleared Cooling Springs in Astro’s Playroom. Just have SSD Speedway left now.

According to PlayStation Stars, I now have 22 of 32 uncommon trophies needed to get to Stars level three.

Reactions: rSl
Do you feel that it is helpful to blog every achievement and make the PS5 thread another thread decimated by your thoughts?

@ClockworkCoder I got the platinum for Astro’s Playroom, but I’m still missing that add-on trophy for the total speed run time of under seven minutes. I’m at eight and a half minutes. This one may be out of my reach.

@ClockworkCoder I got the platinum for Astro’s Playroom, but I’m still missing that add-on trophy for the total speed run time of under seven minutes. I’m at eight and a half minutes. This one may be out of my reach.
Yeah, that one took me ages too, and likely would have given up had I not happened to see a PlayStation Access (YouTube) on them running it for pointers.

Ack, I booted up Mortal Kombat 11 as part of a PlayStation Stars campaign, and now I can’t delete the trophy information from my PSNProfiles account. Forever stuck at F rank. I couldn’t even pull off the combo needed to clear the basic tutorial.

Turns out you can delete trophy data for games with zero trophies. Also, you have to earn at least one new trophy for PSNProfiles to reflect this. Mortal Kombat 11 is off my profile now.

So, I found out how to look up playtime for PS5 games. So far, I only have 18 hours played across four games. I really thought it was more than that. 8 in Astro’s Playroom, 4 in Hot Wheels Unleashed, 4 in Mr. Driller DrillLand, and 2 in Spyro 1.

Reactions: rSl
Hey, has anyone here played Heavenly Bodies? It’s a PS Plus game next month, and I’m the type of idiot that needs opinions on whether I should download a free game or not. Don’t want junk in my PS5’s trunk.

I’m not playing my PS5 right now, because it’s my PS Plus billing date, and I don’t want to screw up its renewal. I’m thinking I should be charged at 3 AM, because Sony runs on Pacific time.

Even Though i played after the Days of the Vita more Switch, XBOX, and Pyra, i got still the Facebutton Layoat from the Playstation in Mind ^^, So God of War on Steamdeck, whit its Quicktime Events is no big issue ..

So PS5 is good, but i dont have one..

Still waiting on Sony to charge me for PS Plus before I buy or play anything, which sucks because I have $220 in my PS wallet right now, and less than $130 is going to the yearlong PS Plus Premium subscription, which means I’ll have over $90 to spend on games. I wanted to get a retail game, but I’m not sure which one, since they all seem to be multiplayer focused micro transaction cash grabs. Maybe someone dare me to get Star Ocean: The Divine Force?

Back