SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
sony350.png

url-41.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself prefer to have a physical controller. The Move and the Wii controller are good combination of both. On top of that the PS3 still has much life left for crying out loud.

kinect-esque controls, I want to sit down and play my games! When working in a viduogame store I had a lot of disabled customers, mostly wheelchair bound, I imagine there being a lot of games that require this new control method.

Viduogames were once the saviour of the disabled and lazy....

kinect-esque controls, I want to sit down and play my games!

Yeah. None of the game genres I enjoy most are in any way improved by requiring me to stand and flail about furiously. I wish they'd put more effort into multi display support instead (they might even sell more displays as a knock-on effect!), if I wanted a Wii I'd have one already.

Yeah, I want to see a Kinect game where you use the controller AND your body at the same time. That'd be pretty awesome.

I second the multiscreen argument, F355 challenge on the DC certainly did it for me, more screens less dancing and exercise games! if I want to dance I will buy DDR.

think the only way i'd be prepared to buy anything from sony these days is if it magically plugged into my eyefinity setup, and pumped better graphics than my gaming rig, and ran linux, and didn't have a controller designed for little person hands :)

I wouldn't have thought the ps3 would be replaced for a few years yet.

I wouldn't have thought the ps3 would be replaced for a few years yet.
Everything is so unpredictable.

It's truly going to rest on whether Sony feels threatened by the release of the WiiU, or if Microsoft decide to mention releasing something.

I don't think they want to be the last out of the blocks for the next generation.

Only if you do it right; the Sega Saturn is a perfect example of how NOT to go first.

The Dreamcast was released ahead of schedule? If I recall it had a decent launch catalog.

Back