SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

I actually saw this review yesterday. I'd say they loved it actually. Their a tech site, so it's good to see their thoughts, but their reviews are only ever going to be good when the device in question is the latest and greatest. They seem unable to discern between themselves and the intended market of most items they review. If a new item doesn't meet the newest standards, it's not well received by them at all(at least in my experience).

That's why I'm looking for actual gamer reviews, as I know they'll give the proper thoughts, from the proper perspectives.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
"Let these Sony Fucks wallow in their limited voice control functionality"

OMG, that was AWESOME! I thought the PS4 crowd was winning until that line, but Cartman finished strong for the win. Sadly, the Kinect is the main reason I don't want an XBONE!

Chris

so nobody grabbed a ps4? its all pc and nintendo here?

Just like Pandora LCD cables.. :)   Shame on Sony but not shame on Pandora as Pandora wasn't made by multi-billion dollar company.  So there you have it.  Stop complaining about Pandora's bad LCD cables :)

Well if I got a next gen console it still would be a PS4, will not give Microsoft money period. The WiiU is fun and all, but I need games that would compel me to buy the system. But with that said, there hasn't been a game title on any next gen that makes me want to drop big money down yet.

Stop complaining about Pandora's bad LCD cables
The Pandora LCD failure rate was something like 30%. Sony's total failure rate, including these bad HDMI parts, is 0.4%. I'm pretty sure Sony is still winning. :p

30% out of 4,000 is 1,200 LCD cables. 0.4% out of 1,000,000 PS4s (at least) is 4,000 defective HDMIs.  I'm pretty sure Pandora still wins  :p

Sony responds to failure rate claims:

“There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units. We also understand that some units were reportedly damaged during shipping. The number of affected PS4 systems is less than 1%, which represents a very small percentage of total units shipped to date and is within the expected range for a new product introduction. We understand the frustration of consumers that have had a problem and are working with them and our retail partners to help troubleshoot issues and ensure affected units are exchanged.”
And to forum posters claiming replacement units not available until new year:

“Those rumors are false. Our customer support team is exchanging units with new replacements immediately and with expedited shipping.”
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/sony-responds-to-ps4-hardware-issues

Less than 1% means it's not less than 0.1% and means it's fucking huge. They should fire the QA guys, seriously. When you do mass manufacturing you usually count the defects in ppm (number of defects per million units), but Sony has way lower standards.

You got your PS4, Sony?

Nice :)

Need to update your mail sig to that effect eh

I'll be getting one in the new year I reckon, hopefully in a sale.

Sold the PS3 and all its games/accessories so have a space under the telly for it already

Sold the PS3 and all its games/accessories so have a space under the telly for it already
I wanted to sale my PS3 and 360 before launch, but since neither one is BC, I'll be hanging on to them for a lot longer. I've got such a huge backlog of games, I might not need to get a PS4 or ONE until the next gen arrives :p

Chris

Back