Something We Forgot!

HackModford

I can't believe this I've been thinking how wonderful the Pandora's going to be and I thought of a really simple addon that should've been built in.

RumblePack

Wouldn't that have been nice.... oh well <_<

Dont worry mister, we can make a SDIO card with build in:
Rumble
GPS
IR
Accelerometer
Thermometer
Altitudemeter
we would need all this.
maybe also a webcam ^_^.
i think all these things can be put on a sd card.

anyways yeah a rumble pack would be cool ^_^
and yeah i do think a SD would be the best solution since a USB dongle would be able to transfer the shaking.

HackModford said:
I can't believe this I've been thinking how wonderful the Pandora's going to be and I thought of a really simple addon that should've been built in.

RumblePack

Wouldn't that have been nice.... oh well <_<
That wasn't forgotten. The community discussed it and the majority decided against it. (although I don't think Craig and Co ever intended to add that feature anyways)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, asking for something that shakes the case about loads, on a small batch of consoles from an independent developer seems like asking for trouble :) Printed circuit boards and vibrations do not mix well... I used to work for a tech company that would spend months stress testing PCBs with vibrating machinery - things would have to be redesigned many times over to get a reasonable wear and tear life.

Obviously, it can be done as most of us have mobiles that vibrate. But it's not as simple as just attaching the hardware - it would require a lot of planning and testing if you wanted a very reliable unit.

Yeah, or give me some addon-rumble-knickers for the "better than life"- virtual reality game - RED DWARF STYLE. :p

I can't think of too many games I even appreciate rumble in. Just not a feature that would seem worth it to me, especially on the Pandora. Less battery life. If I want to rumble when I use my Pandora I'll sit on my motorcycle with the engine running.

Maybe someone might feel a need to write drivers for one of these? :p

(Disclaimer: I'm not really serious about this. :p I don't *personally* see a rumble feature as a necessity for a handheld machine, although I can understand why others would want it.)

Benjiro said:
Iorgy77 said:
Michael J Fox doesn't need a rumble pak.
Thats just plain cruel. Maybe you need to suffer the effects of Parkinson's, so you learn that comments like that are no laughing matter.

Haha wow, it was a joke :rolleyes:

No rumble in my pandora, thanks.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Benjiro said:
Iorgy77 said:
Thats just plain cruel. Maybe you need to suffer the effects of Parkinson's, so you learn that comments like that are no laughing matter.

I completely agree with Benjiro, you'd better "shake" that attitude :angry:

Sep 23 2008, 12:42 PM' post='651393']
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Benjiro said:
651319' date='Sep 23 2008, 12:28 AM']

I completely agree with Benjiro, you'd better "shake" that attitude :angry:

If there are any members of this board with epilepsy who encounter your sig, someone is gonna shake something somewhere, and it wont be Iorgy77 or his attitude.

And it seems like maybe there are more than a few people on this forum who need to grow some balls (figuratively speaking) instead of getting all sore any time someone makes a bad off-color joke. Get over yourselves. No-one cares if you're all politically correct and sensitive to whatever issues TV tells you to care about and comments made on the internet that may hurt some peoples' feelings make you cry like a little girl whose pony ran away.

Anyway. Rumble would've been really annoying imo. Plus the added risk of dropping the console what with the shaking.

sold said:
[Giant Quote Pyramid]

If there are any members of this board with epilepsy who encounter your sig, someone is gonna shake something somewhere, and it wont be Iorgy77 or his attitude.

And it seems like maybe there are more than a few people on this forum who need to grow some balls (figuratively speaking) instead of getting all sore any time someone makes a bad off-color joke. Get over yourselves. No-one cares if you're all politically correct and sensitive to whatever issues TV tells you to care about and comments made on the internet that may hurt some peoples' feelings make you cry like a little girl whose pony ran away.

Anyway. Rumble would've been really annoying imo. Plus the added risk of dropping the console what with the shaking.
Too subtle? <_<

I'm not sure what you mean by "epilepsy", that image is intended to induce full body dance spasms. ;)

Benjiro said:
Iorgy77 said:

Do you honestly think anyone cares enough that you defended the Fox on the interwebs?

Back