Some questions about the Pandora

From what i can tell, their batteries were faulty and not just old, because they said that the battery would only charge until it's reached 60% or so. And after a restart it would continue to charge, so i thought that there is a bug in the battery control chip.

But after your responses i assume that their battery was just broken.

The charge chip in the Pandora is... "special". It's not bugged, but it does have some features that look like bugs. In most cases it's a sensitivity thing, it thinks the battery is full even though it still has a ways to go, and I've helped people adjust the chip so it charges properly. Why some Pandora's are more sensitive to "full charge" than others I haven't a clue, but if it happens to you it's a simple software fix.

3 of mine that cracked were 256mb and a 1gig cracked.

The 1gig I own now is perfect . Or shall I say as perfect as they come. :D

Wow, that's the first time I heard about a silver one cracking. Where did it crack?
I had posted pictures in another thread. 

It cracked right in between the sd card slots. Not only did it crack but 2 pieces came off. 

My 1 GHz has actually been dropped several feet onto hard surfaces twice.  Once by me onto a hardwood floor and once by a friend onto tile.  No damage other than very minor paint chipping...

No damage to the Pandora - plenty of psychological damage done to me on each occasion.

my silver ghz case is cracked as well (no abuse from my side).
the back side of the display case has a crack near the hinge. doesnt affect usability in any way. already had my rma sheet signed, but now i think its kinda sexy.

I had a black original cracked near the usb port. The new silver one never cracked.

The battery does not charge to 100 percent sometimes only 65.

If you leave the Pandora on it will charge nearly all the way.

I never get the elusive 10 hours use but its ok.

The emulators are really worth the purchase.

^odd I've never had issues with any of my batteries getting fully charged.

I had a black original cracked near the usb port. The new silver one never cracked.

The battery does not charge to 100 percent sometimes only 65.

If you leave the Pandora on it will charge nearly all the way.

I never get the elusive 10 hours use but its ok.

The emulators are really worth the purchase.
As far as i know, batteries do charge slower when they are nearly full. But 65% is a little bit low for that effect to take place.

The Pandora has a chip which controlls the charging to avoid overcharging and prolong battery lifetime. Sometimes he acts a bit strange.I charge normale to 70+%. Then it stops. If I unplug the pandora and replug it, it will charge to 100%. Sounds like a calibration error. I charge via USB cable.

Hi,

since i get my money soon i'm probably going to order one next week, if they are in stock. So i hope ED keeps one for me^^ . I'll let you guys know what i think of it.

Well.........did you ordered (own) one???

PS. I charge with the original adaptor and it always get to 100%

Back