my questions about the 1ghz units

ahahah

the 1st one: is there some available units to order, or the 150 are all already reserved?

the 2nd one: i have not understood very well the objective of these 150 units?

correct me if i'm wrong. are they for beta testers only, to test them and say what problems they have?

or are they intended to be fully functionnal and without problem?

They are unlikely to be buggy - but the extent of performance improvements are not really known atm

The real purposes imo are:

1. Make money for OP, help pay of debts - clear the stage for future products
  2. Check for problems before a grand sales drive later this year (or next) with full production 1GHz units

the 1st one: is there some available units to order, or the 150 are all already reserved?

the 2nd one: i have not understood very well the objective of these 150 units?

correct me if i'm wrong. are they for beta testers only, to test them and say what problems they have?

or are they intended to be fully functionnal and without problem?
There might be a handful left.The 150 1ghz pandys are split between ed and craig roughly 50/50 i think hence craig had about 75 or so i believe.Email either ed or craig pronto if you want to upgrade.The current software is supposed to be 100% backwards compatibile with the 1ghz model.Evildragon has had a 1ghz pandy for a month or two and has reported no problems with it.I think it is still a kind of test run and also a means of making some profit for a change.Edit the battery life is unaffected by the new soc in fact it may be slightly better.

Last edited by a moderator:
so it is not risked to order one, is it?

and if the preorder (feb 2010) was done at the craig's shop and there are only 1ghz units left at Ed's shop, the upgrade is possible? who will send it Ed or Craig (both will have a part of the payment lol)?

I think it's fine to order one and yes i believe that your preorder can be transferred to ed or craig indeed whomever has a 1ghz pandy available.Id say go for it if you can afford it.There is 3 amiga emus being worked on atm if that interests you which should see some speed gains with the 1ghz model.Ive upgraded my second preorder to a 1ghz model.

Edit Yes openpandora does sometimes seem like a mad game of musical chairs gone horribly wrong in which everyone was very drunk but it is an entertaining ride.

no luck.

i can use efforts to pay the difference for $699 but i was reminded that this price is not complete, i have to add the VAT cost.

and for this, i really can't add more money, it is too expensive for what i am ready to pay.

anyway i will wait for my initial preorder.

Back