Some PCBs, holidays, a new case revision and a theme

Is there still a chance for the plastic keycaps?

I know the plan is to use white backlighting for the keyboard.  Is this decision final, and has this been discussed in another thread?  I have a remote for my cable box that has a red backlit buttons and I feel that might work with the Pyra idea and imagery.

I like the new theme, even if there are some minor problems.

I know the plan is to use white backlighting for the keyboard.  Is this decision final, and has this been discussed in another thread?  I have a remote for my cable box that has a red backlit buttons and I feel that might work with the Pyra idea and imagery.
Might be a nice touch.Just tell anyone opposing it that they can easily desolder the red LEDs and solder in some white ones if they don't like red. ED can even sell matching white LEDs in his shop. :-D

Is there still a chance for the plastic keycaps?
But the keycaps will be plastic...?

Just not removable. 

Yes, white is final, as any color would look weird when shining through the blue labels on the keyboard ;)

Yes, white is final, as any color would look weird when shining through the blue labels on the keyboard ;)
But it'll give you a cool purple colour... :D
I'm assuming you're not going to have a red Pyra case then, if your key labels are blue (Edit: Suppose it might depend on the shades and brightness of the red and the blue)

Last edited by a moderator:
But it'll give you a cool purple colour... :D

I'm assuming you're not going to have a red Pyra case then, if your key labels are blue (Edit: Suppose it might depend on the shades and brightness of the red and the blue)
The labels will probably be like on the Pandora: mostly white, with blue for the Fn/Meta keys. Depending on the case color, perhaps a different color than blue might look better, but I don't think there really has to be a strong link between the case color and the color of the key labels.

Whe need a diverent collor for the Pyra, to seperate it from the Pandora,

so a nice blue would be great for the Case...

I mean: Some of us own a Pandora since long time, and bought now a Pyra which looks just the same but whit some diverence in detail..

A mother per example ditnt know, that the new "Pandora" from the son had about 4 times as much power and isnt a Pandora.. , "what do you want whit a new Pandora??"

Whe need a diverent collor for the Pyra, to seperate it from the Pandora,

so a nice blue would be great for the Case...

I mean: Some of us own a Pandora since long time, and bought now a Pyra which looks just the same but whit some diverence in detail..

A mother per example ditnt know, that the new "Pandora" from the son had about 4 times as much power and isnt a Pandora.. , "what do you want whit a new Pandora??"
I don't think that just a different color of the case will help much with that :) . My girlfriend will still say: "you already have a black Pandora and a silver Pandora, and now you want a [new color] Pandora?" :)

Blue was more or less the official color of the Pandora -- the Pandora logo is typically shown in blue, the website had a blue theme, etc. So I wouldn't pick blue for the Pyra. Also, Pyra refers to the Greek word for "flame colored red", since Pyrrha was red-haired. So if you want an actual color, I would use red. I prefer a matte black/anthracite case though. The RGB led behind the lid logo can add a touch of color to that, and everyone can select his own color :) .

Weird. I only changed the colors, nothing else - and I think I made the icon with the little dot as well, but I'll check that.

Can someone with a bit of experience figure out what CSS parameter is responsible for the website zooming?
The width is set to 87% instead of 97% percent.

Pyra Css

#content, .main_width {
margin: 0px auto;
width: 87% !important;
min-width: 960px;
}

Pandora Css

Code:
#content, .main_width {
    margin: 0px auto;
    width: 97% !important;
    min-width: 740px;
}

I liked the shade of blue the prototype case is in the picture on the other thread, but really any colour would be OK. Except yellow or pink/magenta.

Thanks for the update!

Can we see some pics of new case version?

Once they've been printed and sent to ED, I would assume so. Photos usually pop up on his twitter account a couple of days in advance of a new news post if you want to see them ASAP.

i would also prefer to have red LEDs for the keyboard, even if it means changing the color of the keys or the print on the keys itself. hell, just make the fn keys on the keyboard red, instead of the blue that was on pandora and was the official color of that device

Hmmm, with white LEDs the key labels could be any color I guess. But red LEDs would mean all labels would need to be red also (ie. as that's the only available color wavelenght).

Will the keyboard backlight only shine thru the keyboard labels? If so then white LEDs is the best option, since then the keyboard labels can turn it into any color (ie. via filtering). Kinda how LCDs have white backlight, but can display any color.

I prefer a matte black/anthracite case though.
Yeah, anthracite/gun metal is cool.

And what would the advantage be to use red LEDs instead of a red printed label on the keyboard...?
No straight red please, maybe wine red like the theme but red is too agressive. Keys would be too noticeable beside the screen.

And what would the advantage be to use red LEDs instead of a red printed label on the keyboard...?
Nice method if choosen. I'm fine with a general white keyboard but some people may want different colours, so transparent key caps, printed (masked) with black and other (light passing) colours for the actual key labeling could produce any colour. :) Different keymats replacable for getting different labels/ colours?

Great idea! Would be awesome for exemple to remember keys that are used in a game, or if you want to compose some music it would be very useful to have different coloured keys so that you could easily play music, change instrument while keys are changing color, we could make homebrew game that use keys colors etc... there is unlimited possibilities.

Edit: I read the Fusion_Power's post too quicly, I'm about RGB led and transparent letters.

Um, your keys won't change colour without you changing keymat, which is a matter of you powering down, removing the battery, unscrewing the bottom, disconnecting the LCD cable, removing the board and changing the keymat, if it's anything like the Pandora.

Back