Some more prototype info

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick newspost to give you some more information about the prototypes :)

1. PCB production

All parts as well as the bare PCBs have arrived. GC plans to produce the prototype PCBs this week, but I don't know what exact day yet.

You can be sure I'll be there and have my video camera ready, so you will also be able to see the birth of the first real working Pyra PCBs (well, hopefully working!)

2. Improved keymat samples

The new, improved keymat samples should arrive December 12th.
As mentioned in a newspost before, they will have an additional reflective layer to improve the lighting and it will also have improved tactile feedback.

3. The case

The case moulds are also being worked on, I should get a status update and a date when everything should be finished this week.

My plan is to take the keymat samples and PCBs and fly over to Greece to test and tweak the case with those.

Hopefully, we will get the prototypes out before christmas, but it will really be narrow.

4. Pre-Pre-Order PCBs

The special Pre-Pre-Order PCBs should also arrive within this week, then it's time to sign and ship them all to you.

Just some short and quick information, but I wanted to keep you in the loop :)

I've just touched wood (that the prototype PCBs fire up).  Good progress there!

I saw some of this news on your twitter feed yesterday, but it's nicer to get a longer post here, even if it is just some quick information.

there's an awful lot of "this week" in your post... would be a shame if that turned into 2 monthstm. 

Cool, and when the Pre Pre Order Boards are getting shipped, then whe will know which number whe get ??

Cant you use the keymat samples you have to take to greace?? or dont they fit anymore because the changes to ingrease the light??

And when you take the CPU Board, the Batterie and the other Pyra ingredience whit you on the flight to greace, i hope you dotn getting catched on the  airport because whit your long hear and the elektronic components, you could look like a terrorist ...

ximg.php

Cool, and when the Pre Pre Order Boards are getting shipped, then whe will know which number whe get ??

Cant you use the keymat samples you have to take to greace?? or dont they fit anymore because the changes to ingrease the light??

The changes to the keymat are to its internal arrangement I think - apart from the key tops being a little higher, the overall dimensions haven't changed, so it should still fit, if it's available (though it's not predicted to be ready yet for over another three weeks, while the PCBs should be this week).

I don't think our serial numbers will be on these PCBs - on most devices it's just printed on the case (on a sticker, commonly). ED would need to add a separate note to tell us our order numbers, and personally I'm okay waiting for that.

The Pyra really is coming soon and I really will need to get a part-time or temporary job. 

Money makes the world go (crazy) around.

Never been so excited to see a photo of a keyboard properly lit, but I hope in December it will happen :)
But first a (working) prototype PCB, how exciting, it's like early Christmas.

I had a dream I owned one. Played some pokemon and then felt so happy because I had computer in my pocket where ever I go. I'm like online 24/7 if I'm not working or sleeping. I woke up disappointed. </3.

Keep up the good work. I want to buy the best you have to offer! :3

Something arrived in my mail today. A lot of parts seem to be missing and I bet it's not even working. It has some weird number on it though, so I guess I'll keep it.

#3... gotta go faster next time. Still makes a great collectors item, especially with that single digit :^)

Back