Some more of my ideas

Standards are good, but only as a means to maximise compatibility.
Yes, but the minute you give start supporting things other than the standard, the standard ceases to have traction and purpose. The easiest example of this is all of the games on Windows that have "controller support" but don't actually support HID-compliant controllers at all. They all support the damn Xbox 360 controller only because of Microsoft breaking standard.

We should not be supporting this apple crap, even to maximize compatibility. We should be supporting the standard. EvilDragon can offer an adapter that can be plugged into apple headsets for those who have them on his shop. That way, those of us with standards-compliant headsets don't have to pay extra to have a device compatible with purposefully non-standard iCrap.

-God Ginrai

Yes, but the minute you give start supporting things other than the standard, the standard ceases to have traction and purpose. The easiest example of this is all of the games on Windows that have "controller support" but don't actually support HID-compliant controllers at all. They all support the damn Xbox 360 controller only because of Microsoft breaking standard.
Oh yes, it really annoyed me at "Blur". Great game, no DRM, but this damn X-Box Controller shit forced me to fiddle around a lot.

hi,

in my opinion p1's main weak point is the hinge.

I own a sony tablet p  http://gatherall.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tabletp.jpg and after two years of daily usage the hinge is sturdy as on the first day - only the battary sucks ;-)

I would prefer a screen with enough brightness to look at in bright sunlight.

And please make it resistive - usable with a good stylus.

Last but not least:

Can I has Lego-compatible holes on the bottom, please ...

Greetings

hi,

in my opinion p1's main weak point is the hinge.

I own a sony tablet p  http://gatherall.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tabletp.jpg and after two years of daily usage the hinge is sturdy as on the first day - only the battary sucks ;-)

Yes, I also suggested to take care of the hinge area. Using mostly metal parts there surely would help to make the Device sturdy and rigid. Some Laptops have metal hinges, even if the rest of the case is plastic. I can imagine that the Pyra also have such an construct.

Yes, the hinge is a problem in many ways, it ruins the design too.

When opened, the device should be flat - comments about its uglyness would decrease.

I'm going to have to stop you right there. I've been sitting pool side in Costa Rica drinking cosmos and playing Micropolis for about 4 hours now and the sun is only just now starting to set.The current screen works perfectly in the brightest of sunlight.

Oh, I just remembered, my 1ghz, screen cracked so I swapped it with my CC screen so I may be mistaken saying "the current screen".

^^^^^^
Mudd.jpg

Oh, I just remembered, my 1ghz, screen cracked so I swapped it with my CC screen so I may be mistaken saying "the current screen".
What a nice location for screen-testing ;-)

The decrease of brightness from CC-screens to the new ones was the reason I mentioned it.

No one  wants the Lego-holes on the buttom ? So you can fix some accessories with a handful of Lego-bricks ? What a pity ...

Greetings

No one wants the Lego-holes on the buttom ? So you can fix some accessories with a handful of Lego-bricks ? What a pity ...
I don't see that happening in the regular case. But I seem to recall ED saying that the case CAD files will be published, so having a custom case bottom made with lego holes might be a very real possibility. :)

- Neelix

I wouldn't say no to the Lego holes on base, I've a bunch of random Star Wars Lego minifigs I could use them as a little plinth for it

Back