[SOLVED] Stop Pidgin Autostarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

G189

Hello! As the title says, I don't seem to be able to stop Pidgin from autostarting every time I boot up. I've llooked at all the options but can't seem to find anything that stops it doing this. I wouldn't mind so much but it always reminds me how I have no mates ;-)

I'm sure the answer's blindingly obvious but thanks to anyone who can help me!

First things first, are you exiting Pidgin properly when you're done with it? Just closing the Buddy List window won't do it - you need to go to the "Buddies" menu and choose "Quit" (otherwise it remains running, and you'll see its icon on the panel).

If you've already tried that, then quit it again, and once you're sure it's not running, when you shut down check the box that says something to the effect of "Save this session for next time". I *think* that that ought to stop it.

Prometheus said:
First things first, are you exiting Pidgin properly when you're done with it? Just closing the Buddy List window won't do it - you need to go to the "Buddies" menu and choose "Quit" (otherwise it remains running, and you'll see its icon on the panel).

If you've already tried that, then quit it again, and once you're sure it's not running, when you shut down check the box that says something to the effect of "Save this session for next time". I *think* that that ought to stop it.

Got it! ticking that checkbox has done the business. I was quitting properly, ironically I hadn't even got as far as putting account details in, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to not autostart (God knows what I did to make it autostart in the first place).

Thanks so much for your help mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, anytime. :)

If you haven't already done so, don't forget to put in a request for the thread's title to be marked as "[SOLVED]" via the Report button, so that others can also benefit. ;)

Prometheus said:
No problem, anytime. :)

If you haven't already done so, don't forget to put in a request for the thread's title to be marked as "[SOLVED]" via the Report button, so that others can also benefit. ;)

Gotcha, thanks for reminding me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back