Soccer World Cup 2014 - Who are you rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium is 1/20th the size of Texas, has 1/28th the amount of people, played extremely better than you for at least 100min, beat you into pieces during most of the match so badly that your goal keeper had to set a 50 year record for most saves. BUT, you played your hearts out, you went above and beyond what the whole world was expecting of you, you played with more passion than anyone I've seen play in a while, you went further than world soccer dominating countries like England, Italy, Span, Portugal, Croatia, and even ones than didn't even qualify like Ibrahimovic and his Sweden. I don't think anyone in the world would hold back their standing ovation for your performance. GG USA

Belgium is 1/20th the size of Texas, has 1/28th the amount of people, played extremely better than you for at least 100min, beat you into pieces during most of the match so badly that your goal keeper had to set a 50 year record for most saves. BUT, you played your hearts out, you went above and beyond what the whole world was expecting of you, you played with more passion than anyone I've seen play in a while, you went further than world soccer dominating countries like England, Italy, Span, Portugal, Croatia, and even ones than didn't even qualify like Ibrahimovic and his Sweden. I don't think anyone in the world would hold back their standing ovation for your performance. GG USA
Yes, it was a very good game! I'm normally not really interested in soccer, but obviously I had to watch this match and it was epic.

Perhaps it helped that Howard (USA), Fellaini (BE), Lukaku (BE), and Mirallas (BE) all know one another since they are team mates at Everton. Also the two coaches (Klinsmann and Wilmots) are good friends. There was a lot of sportsmanship and great soccer in this match.

The absolute hero of the match was clearly Howard. With any regular goal keeper, it could have been 8-0 or so...

Belgium killed America's hopes and dreams :(
Or in other words: Jean-Claude Van Damme owned Chuck Norris. ;)

However, it needed overtime to even see a goal, so I think USA did a good job to counter against Belgiums perma-attacks.  USA getting better.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, congratulations to The Netherlands! Although those two matches (Belgium-Argentina and NL-Costa Rica) were not very good games imo. Argentina got a bit lucky with that early goal and they then refused to play soccer for the remaining 82 minutes; Costa Rica should have gotten at least two penalties (that referee made some weird calls), and while it's tempting to say the keeper change at the very end was a genius move, penalties are always a big gamble -- if it wouldn't have worked out, people would say it was a stupid move.

I hope the semifinals will be more interesting to watch. Overly defensive soccer is boring as hell.

Yes, congratulations to The Netherlands! Although those two matches (Belgium-Argentina and NL-Costa Rica) were not very good games imo. Argentina got a bit lucky with that early goal and they then refused to play soccer for the remaining 82 minutes; Costa Rica should have gotten at least two penalties (that referee made some weird calls), and while it's tempting to say the keeper change at the very end was a genius move, penalties are always a big gamble -- if it wouldn't have worked out, people would say it was a stupid move.

I hope the semifinals will be more interesting to watch. Overly defensive soccer is boring as hell.
:D in that case the netherlands should have had one or two penalties as well, but I don't think robben is ever going to get a penalty again. Must say that this worldcup he is falling a lot less than other years.

Yeah, this world cup is boringly defensive... But now my USA and France are out, I'm rooting for Dutch. :D

Nah, it is going quite superb.

Tomorrow, the monkeyes against the fritzs is up to be the best game ever!

I did an image a couple days ago.

But sure the internet made a heck of a lot more cool stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cv9xrJWW2v8?feature=oembed
savamu.jpg

Did Brazil just perform the worst delibrate tanking in history.  It sure looked like it.  I'm sure many of you are aware of the political situation in Brazil and how many didn't want Brazil to win as it would have meant the current president would have enough support to win the election.  Looking at the highlights, it sure looked like a delibrate tanking - for a good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back