So What's A Reasonable Timeframe At The Moment?

Awesome. The more people the own Pandora, the better as far as the App store goes.

MDave said:
Early January is a safe bet.

Huh?

Back in March this year I agreed on a bet that the Pandora would ship in or by August 09. At that point, it seemed absurd that we'd be waiting 6+ more months (that time period from now would be june 2010 or later, doesn't that sound ridiculous?). I thought "Sweet, new console and some cash!". This is the second Christmas we've been waiting.

£10.00 gone.

Everything's up in the air and has been for months, I don't quite see what you're getting at.

Last edited by a moderator:
calc84maniac said:
fusion_power said:
I'm also for a perfect Case. Ive spotted some points onto the Case that look a little bit "unclean"
UNCLEAN.jpg

(raises eyebrow)

I know where that pic comes from. You naughty maniac!

atari_eric said:
calc84maniac said:
fusion_power said:
I'm also for a perfect Case. Ive spotted some points onto the Case that look a little bit "unclean"
-snip-

(raises eyebrow)

I know where that pic comes from. You naughty maniac!
Umm... it came from a quick Google images search?

CC_machine said:
MDave said:

Huh?

Back in March this year I agreed on a bet that the Pandora would ship in or by August 09. At that point, it seemed absurd that we'd be waiting 6+ more months (that time period from now would be june 2010 or later, doesn't that sound ridiculous?). I thought "Sweet, new console and some cash!". This is the second Christmas we've been waiting.

£10.00 gone.

Everything's up in the air and has been for months, I don't quite see what you're getting at.

Well don't make anymore bets for sure! B) And lets all hope early january is the safe bet! I think we can all agree that there is more information and details now, then we had last Christmas. Actually these forums are a very detailed roadmap of all the progression that has happened over the last year! Now is that enough to say the Pandora is around the corner? I would say yes, but I said the same thing you did back in march, so all we can do now is hope for the best.

Jumpman

CC_machine said:
MDave said:

Huh?

£10.00 gone.

Craig said in the 'My MP Pandora' thread that the new case samples are on the way to MWeston. If these get the green light, then the factory can start making the cases straight away. It only takes days to mass produce 1000 or so cases. Then about a week to send those over to the Texas factory where the boards and cases will be assemled and packaging. Then as soon as those first 1000 get done in Texas, I presume they will get shipped to Craig's and EvilDragon and Fatih's shops which could take another week, then shipped out to us which, depending on if you went with express shipping or not take about a couple of days to another week? Those that ordered from the US from Craig's shop might have their cases go to MWeston or something instead, I'm sure Craig and MWeston can sort something out there. That would roughly put us in January, possibly early January for the first unit.

craigix said:
Due to the demand from these 'second batchers' we will probably start orders for batch2 as soon as batch1 is shipping.

I think there might be more people waiting to buy then have bought...

I am hoping to buy one with my tax return (after car maintenance), so if you can get the second batch shipping by February/March, then you'll have at least one buyer :)

MDave said:
CC_machine said:
MDave said:

Huh?

£10.00 gone.

Craig said in the 'My MP Pandora' thread that the new case samples are on the way to MWeston. If these get the green light, then the factory can start making the cases straight away. It only takes days to mass produce 1000 or so cases. Then about a week to send those over to the Texas factory where the boards and cases will be assemled and packaging. Then as soon as those first 1000 get done in Texas, I presume they will get shipped to Craig's and EvilDragon and Fatih's shops which could take another week, then shipped out to us which, depending on if you went with express shipping or not take about a couple of days to another week? Those that ordered from the US from Craig's shop might have their cases go to MWeston or something instead, I'm sure Craig and MWeston can sort something out there. That would roughly put us in January, possibly early January for the first unit.

thats ok for them but when will the rest be done late january or mid feb

atari_eric said:
craigix said:
Due to the demand from these 'second batchers' we will probably start orders for batch2 as soon as batch1 is shipping.

I think there might be more people waiting to buy then have bought...

I am hoping to buy one with my tax return (after car maintenance), so if you can get the second batch shipping by February/March, then you'll have at least one buyer :)

Parts for the 2nd batch have a 7 month lead-time on them. Assuming they were ordered when that little snippet was announced, it'll be May before the 2nd batch are ready to be built, let alone sent out.

D.

Back