So What's A Reasonable Timeframe At The Moment?

DuFace said:
Vlynndar said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
Can't help bu noticing that on that picture, LE GASP, it not SNES layout, but i thought that was what we where going to get?

i hate the gp2x layouty thing :(

If it doesn't ship with the layout you like best, you can open it and switch the buttons around. If I recall correctly, the action buttons (ABXY) are single buttons.
Not so for the keymat.
If thats the case, I'd propose that devs should try to list the buttons by their position or something, rather than their stamped letter. This would avoid confusion if a lot of people are planning on moving the buttons around.

Thats a great idea.
I'd like my buttons to be swappable, and yes, being mapped by position, not character is a great idea.
I would like to see that aswell. Esp in Emulators where you just press the button you want to correspond with the emu'd systems controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have lengthy discussions about the button layout about every month or so. (I'm only slightly exaggerating.) During the last one, we talked about how to deal with the fact that people are going to want to move the buttons around. I'm pretty sure somebody will come up with a good standard way of doing it (assuming that they haven't integrated it into the launch firmware already).

Its easy enough to just pop the case open and switch them up, but I don't see how you can get around the issue of developers making games for the standard layout, which of course can be changed in software by the user, but the button pressing wouldn't be the same as the developer had intended. I guess the best way would be to have developers include two settings one for abxy and the other for axby. It would be a bunch of extra work, but its the only way around the issue that I can think of, aside from OP just sending out pandoras in the preferred orientations, abxy.

This dev forum thread shows that the SDL button mappings deal with it that way (by position) at least. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50608-pandora-sdl-joystick-button-mappings/

second exodous said:
Is this going to turn into a button layout thread?

I think the Pandora should of used slider keyboard. It would make Pandora smaller.

I thought about this too. But I know some company have patent on that. Maybe if the keyboard slides from right to left and vice versa might be a good idea? Yeah. I think I'm gonna make a poll and maybe I'll get Craig and CO make these small changes.

WhiteFalcon said:
Pandora has become something like a fata morgana for me, it still seems to be just in the reach of my hand yet still so far away.
Everymone must have eventually got used to it and it will be sort of sad when it no longer twinkles on the horizon..

Let the Pandora2 threads begin!

craigix said:
WhiteFalcon said:
Pandora has become something like a fata morgana for me, it still seems to be just in the reach of my hand yet still so far away.
Everymone must have eventually got used to it and it will be sort of sad when it no longer twinkles on the horizon..

Let the Pandora2 threads begin!

Begin? Haven't there already been, like, five? B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17duGlHEYY

Two weeks... Durr - Two weeksh... twooo weeeks... twoooweeee.... *raarararar*!

*cue*

"Get ready for a surprise!!"

I remember someone said (either mweston ir craig) that the current layout on the pics would be the default, and at the time it was ABXY, but since mweston seems to have swithced again!

lol, indecisive?

Vorporeal said:
We have lengthy discussions about the button layout about every month or so. (I'm only slightly exaggerating.) During the last one, we talked about how to deal with the fact that people are going to want to move the buttons around. I'm pretty sure somebody will come up with a good standard way of doing it (assuming that they haven't integrated it into the launch firmware already).
We already came up with MULTIPLE standard ways of doing it! :rolleyes:

Great video Craig, keep em coming! Maybe some ape escape ps1, as that was the first ps1 game to use dual analog controls! Any more updates from the factory? I know you said the shrinkage issue was fixed, but have there been any other small updates since? You can imagine with all these pics and videos of the "production" Pandora, everyone is looking for any crumb of info you might have on when these might leave the nest. I'm looking forward to seeing video and reviews from the community as well, I'm sure things will be super crazy once these start to ship(Hopefully soon)!

Jumpman

i am the only person in the world who doesnt want it to come out sooner, i cancelled my order and am close to having the money to pre-order again and i know once the beast is lose thats game over the last few will go.
Come on for a late jan shipping :D

Due to the demand from these 'second batchers' we will probably start orders for batch2 as soon as batch1 is shipping.

I think there might be more people waiting to buy then have bought...

I feel like that will definitely be the case once the Pandora ships, the last whimpers of "vaporware" disappear, and people start to see all the awesome stuff it can do. Take the demand that there currently is and double or triple it. You better be prepared - a second batch of 4000 units might not be anywhere near enough to meet demand.

craigix said:
Due to the demand from these 'second batchers' we will probably start orders for batch2 as soon as batch1 is shipping.

I think there might be more people waiting to buy then have bought...
That would be really nice :) Till summer 2010 is the maximum I would wait. Geeks need stuff and I have laptops in all sizes now but still no successor to my N800.

Back