So Was The New Case Sent? Where Are The Factory Photos?

and will it be translated? i mean i want to translate it into spanish

pawprints said:
Manuals are always fun to write (I've written a few in the past) Just keep in mind that we aren't all 19 and a half and eat 3 linux meals a day :) Am I the only one that doesn't know how to do everything in a cosole window?

Queue "You shouldn't buy a pandora unless you've had intimate relations with linux" :)
hahahaha i like this guy =] got me pretty much spot on w/that one ;]

The way I see it it's our duty to help out the guys that aren't well-versed. Sure it helps to be a linux power-user, but I feel the idea is to provide enough resources to allow those that aren't to be able to easily pick it up & enjoy it in many of the same ways (without having to learn ALL the ins & outs of linux [although a bit of learning is always good, that way one can be self-sufficient if a problem is encountered]).

Resources like step-by-steps on the forums, the PND package system & simplified launchers will all work to enhance the experience for the 'average' user. Because you're right, you aren't the only one who doesn't use the console, and that's just fine. It's more of a preference thing; I just so happen to find a lot of uses for it, but if you're just going to be using it as a media/emu machine there's no real reason to use it. It's kinda like cars; some people like to just be able to hop in & go, whereas others like to know how they work & what each part does.

The community is a large part of the pandora experience as well; we've got a fairly large concentration of skilled minds more or less ready & willing to answer questions (even if the environment seems a little harsh now I'm quite sure things will lighten up once it ships).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I'm being dense, so are we expecting some news/pictures from Faith because he's off work on Sunday?

I know it takes a good few days, at least 3 working days for the cases to arrive. I'm not too worried, I just want news.

Thanks.

I would love it if the Manual was like the VisualHub Manual: http://www.stadionvideo.it/materiale/IED/VisualHubUsersGuide.pdf

mali said:
Personally I recommend anyone who is overly excited to at least think about the possibility, that MP _might_ not start until New Year holiday is over. Don't raise your expectations too high. The time left to give the green light is sparse, imo.
QFT

Wolfsclaw said:
craigix said:
We won't know until the morning because, believe it or not, Fatih has Sundays off.

Thank you for the news!

also, @Sphinxter: yeah i thought about that. Let's see him as the anticipating guy from the future with his brand new Pandora, who is always anticipated about trying some newly created software which he finds on GP32x.

Or so... maybe I should just get a new avatar. :/

No, no makes perfect sense. I like it.

you guys are too impatient. (sorry for those guys who are waiting for more than a year me i pre-order only since september or october don't remember)
just wait. think you will get your pandora before may 1st if it is before then ok.
be honest i know chineses (I am here for 5years so far) and i don't really expect to see my pandora before feb 14th as some of you.
but if they did i will be wrong and that will be a good suprise and will be happy to be a sucker... :)

for those asking question or more precision i tell them now everything depend on chineses. everythings was said in the blogs. stop asking same question and just wait.
tired to come here looking for interesting news and see the same questions :"when when when." just wait...

you guyz have the patience of a runny nose :p

I will wait for the Pandora forever! :wub: :wub: :wub:

WhiteBat said:

Cool. I have this new device, it's much better than Pandora. It has all the same controls and features + more. Pre-orders have just started, the price is $290 (U.S.) only. The estimated release is in two months. Please send me money, it's worth waiting for. Forever.

fiori_musicali said:
WhiteBat said:

Cool. I have this new device, it's much better than Pandora. It has all the same controls and features + more. Pre-orders have just started, the price is $290 (U.S.) only. The estimated release is in two months. Please send me money, it's worth waiting for. Forever.
What device?

WolfSpider said:
fiori_musicali said:
WhiteBat said:

What device?
umm... pretty sure he was joking ;]

he said "I have this new device" so the device is just "this" new one so what are you asking again. me too i'll get this new one
looks like we bored lol :D

nico.gif

Yeah everyone's bored :p

Lets all take a break from the net for a while guys. Go outside get some air, go for a walk. Spend time with family. You will feel better trust me :)

I know it's hard to resist checking on the site. I do every day after work to see what's happening.

Consequence9 said:
The way I see it it's our duty to help out the guys that aren't well-versed. Sure it helps to be a linux power-user, but I feel the idea is to provide enough resources to allow those that aren't to be able to easily pick it up & enjoy it in many of the same ways (without having to learn ALL the ins & outs of linux [although a bit of learning is always good, that way one can be self-sufficient if a problem is encountered]).
I respectfully disagree. If the OS is done right (and from the videos we've seen, I'm pretty sure it has been) then no one should ever need any "Linux" help, unless they're trying to get into the guts of the system: a poweruser wannabe, as it were. But for the average user that just wants to play some games, surf the web, watch a movie, it's all simple. Linux has this stigma of not being user friendly that really needs to go away.

WizardStan said:
I respectfully disagree. If the OS is done right (and from the videos we've seen, I'm pretty sure it has been) then no one should ever need any "Linux" help, unless they're trying to get into the guts of the system: a poweruser wannabe, as it were. But for the average user that just wants to play some games, surf the web, watch a movie, it's all simple. Linux has this stigma of not being user friendly that really needs to go away.
Unless synaptic is installed, actions like amending the repositories still makes Linux uncomfortable for many, that's even if they get the idea of repositories.

Back