So Was The New Case Sent? Where Are The Factory Photos?

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
Excuse me for being too lazy to dig through every thread here for new bits and pieces of information, but:

* Did the case ship yesterday?
* Where are the photos from the Chinese factory?
* Did Fatih's chinese-speaking partner talk to the Chinese guys? What did they say?
* Are Craig, MWeston, Fatih & ED hiding something? It is a mystery ...

Also, how long is the delivery time to be expected to Canada?
And when is the factory going to shut down? New Year starts on the 14th, but there has been some rumour they close earlier in order to let all workers enough time to prepare all-around-the-country-trips or something.

We already had a CN New Year experience last year, so Craig should at least know about this one. Closing on 14th or on the 10th is extremely crucial, because time for the case MP is definitely running out.

the time will tell (or maybe the time will make OPT tell)

Butterman said:
Excuse me for being too lazy to dig through every thread here for new bits and pieces of information, but:

You're not excused.
+1

Also, the Blogs help... in both languages(even through the translator)...

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the thread starter's questions aren't answered anywhere ;)

Edit:
To be more precise, the questions in the first part of the post.

Didn't see that bashing incoming :p

Now, mali, as you seem to be so well informed, could you give any insight into the mentioned last questions?

craigix said:
We won't know until the morning because, believe it or not, Fatih has Sundays off.

Thank you for the news!

also, @Sphinxter: yeah i thought about that. Let's see him as the anticipating guy from the future with his brand new Pandora, who is always anticipated about trying some newly created software which he finds on GP32x.

Or so... maybe I should just get a new avatar. :/

Wolfsclaw said:
Now, mali, as you seem to be so well informed, could you give any insight into the mentioned last questions?
Shipping time is 3-5 workdays and for the Chinese New Year stuff ask DroneB Dev, he knows that stuff. Didn't he comment on the blog about it?

craigix said:
We won't know until the morning because, believe it or not, Fatih has Sundays off.

Heh, how'd he get manage Sundays off when the rest of you are working? :p

In regards to the Chinese new year they know we want them before. As long as the samples arrive this week it's all ok time wise. I hate the situation as much as you and I wish we could afford to use some huge UK company to do the cases, but we don't have the spare $500k.

Personally I recommend anyone who is overly excited to at least think about the possibility, that MP _might_ not start until New Year holiday is over. Don't raise your expectations too high. The time left to give the green light is sparse, imo.

Wolfsclaw said:
* Did Fatih's chinese-speaking partner talk to the Chinese guys? What did they say?
At least something like "Ni-Hao" or so. :lol:

craigix said:
I hate the situation as much as you and I wish we could afford to use some huge UK company to do the cases, but we don't have the spare $500k.
Maybe you haven't found the good AND cheap factory in Britain, you know, the one that could do these cases for 50K and within 4 Weeks...it exists there, I know it...I just don't know where. :D

Wolfsclaw said:

Yes, actually, I was hiding that I had to do some video mixing for icehockey today. Just finished right now. Back on my way home soon to continue working on the Pandora Manual :)

Hope that wasn't a too serious thing of me to hide ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Wolfsclaw said:

Yes, actually, I was hiding that I had to do some video mixing for icehockey today. Just finished right now. Back on my way home soon to continue working on the Pandora Manual :)

Hope that wasn't a too serious thing of me to hide ;)

you are evil :)

See, again a distinct lack of detail. I mean essentials like who was playing? Was it shot in hi definition 1080p and was it a full multi camera live edit or mere highlights of the match. I'm kidding by the way :)

Good to hear there is at least some hope of getting the cases before valentines day. Manuals are always fun to write (I've written a few in the past) Just keep in mind that we aren't all 19 and a half and eat 3 linux meals a day :) Am I the only one that doesn't know how to do everything in a cosole window?

Queue "You shouldn't buy a pandora unless you've had intimate relations with linux" :)

pawprints said:
See, again a distinct lack of detail. I mean essentials like who was playing? Was it shot in hi definition 1080p and was it a full multi camera live edit or mere highlights of the match.

It was a DEL Game of the ERC Ingolstadt against Frankfurt Lions. Ingolstadt won 6:3. It was only PAL 576i, but with 7 cameras and a 6-channel slowmotion machine ;)

I'm kidding by the way :)

Oh, damn, I should've read that earlier :p

Good to hear there is at least some hope of getting the cases before valentines day. Manuals are always fun to write (I've written a few in the past) Just keep in mind that we aren't all 19 and a half and eat 3 linux meals a day :) Am I the only one that doesn't know how to do everything in a cosole window?

It will only be a quickstart guide, mainly explaining the hardware and special buttons, a quick run-down on how to download and play games and some dev infos.
The major guide should be in the internet - as I'm pretty sure that a lot of stuff will be enhanced and changed once a few devs get their hands on it :)
It will be a very dynamic device :D

Last edited:
Well that one point of me wasn't of course meant seriously.. I'm no conspiracy believer ;)

Also, please put some humour (or even gp32x inside jokes) into the manual :p i know i can't push you, but... well, it would definitely bring a tear or two in my eyes reading it :D that's just a suggestion though.

edit: maybe it would also be wise to set midori pre-configured bookmarks to important sites like gp32x, off. site, pndpress, etc. or mention them in the manual. But i'm sure you already thought of this... :)

Yep, a big "Hellollo" on the cover sheet.
nerdthumbs.gif

Back