Votes: 0 0.0%
  • insane amount

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
just a dumb poll to see how many smcs people use. I use 4 128mbs. 1 for Emulation, one for homebrew, one for BOR, and one for 1st person shooters.

Two 128 SMC.
In my opinion 2 SMC is a must have for real GP32 gamer :p
I don't need more. Even if I often have to delate something for new things.
Only if I would watch more movies it would be appropriate to buy a new one.

But now, during the last years of the GP32 i don't need a new one .... :ph34r:

4 x 128MB and 1 x 16MB

GAME (128) = Homebrew (SMC currently dead at the moment :( )
MAME (128) = MameGP32
DOOM (128) = Doom 1 & 2 plus extra wads
EMU (128) = Various emulators
TMGP (16) = The Minigame Project

:)

Oh thats nice :D A smc just for the minigame project :D

I just have one 128mb for emu&homebrew games, and a 32mb for my stuff (trying out codes, minigames, etc.)

But I think of buying a new 128mb just in case one of the two I already have dies...

I use six - 4 64MB cards for emulators (Dr MD, GpEngine OSnes and LittleJohn) and 2 128MB cards for GPCinema and miscellaneous stuff.

I have 6 or 7 128s, but I really only carry about 4 at a time. for the most part I have two cards for BoR, 1 for emus and regular games and Emulators, one for extra stuff like VNS and MAME (figured a fresh card was better than putting it on the other an taking up space with big non cartridge roms) then I have a couple that were ment just for videos and one or two intended for back up.

i have three but only use two.
one for just mame ,mostly, the other for.. everything else.

the third's good on the offchance i have aflight or somethng and i can stick some vids on it. you compress the fuck out of your divx, chop up the frame rate, and go to quarter screen size, and you can fit HOURS on those things!! not good for action movies/etc but if it's plot/story heavy (think HBO shows) then it kicks ass...

ralp99 posted on Oct 3 2005 at 03:42 PM said:
i have three but only use two.
one for just mame ,mostly, the other for.. everything else.

the third's good on the offchance i have aflight or somethng and i can stick some vids on it. you compress the fuck out of your divx, chop up the frame rate, and go to quarter screen size, and you can fit HOURS on those things!! not good for action movies/etc but if it's plot/story heavy (think HBO shows) then it kicks ass...

dont forget anime, it's perfect for compression most of the time. I usuallt get about 4 eps per smc... although now that I have a 1gb memstick for PSP I've started playing withthat but there's a tendancy to compress less when you have more room and a bigger screen :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sad because I only use one SMC. I usuyally keep 100 mb of music on it and erase and delete music to add games.

On my 1 smc I have 16 Mp3's, and 17 various emu's games, bor and other programs. I think I manage my space quite well :D

Two 64 meg SMC's and one 16 meg SMC.

The 16 meg SMC I almost never use, but I'm thinking of putting just music on it. *Shrug* Still not sure.. the other ones have emulators, Doom, Wolf3D, few pictures, and Duke Atomic, even though it's not working for me yet.

I have three 128mb cards and one 64mb card.
The 64mb is used for MAME. One 128mb is full of emus. The other two are meant to be for homebrew and the other for media but I haven't got around to putting anything on there at the moment apart from one anime.

I think the average user doesn't really need any more than two 128mb cards. I just like having the extras just in case. :)

Back