So Addicted To Mario For Ds

I have yet to get the NSMB but I just got a DS lite today and it is totally awesome. Almost good enough for me to get rid of my GP2X..... Ha who am I kidding? I love them both like childeren.

Now if only someone could put a DS, GP2X, PDA, Cellphone, a good camera, and an iPod all into one. Life would be perfect.

Everyone says that, but when it comes out (Gizmondo) noone gives it enough attention and it dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I bought a DS Light today ( what an impule buy considering I allready have a DS)

But I was at best buy and it came with a free copy of brain age . I had to do it .

The DS Lite is so sexy .

WHAT?!?!
God that was not in the sunday ad *runs to paper*.... nope nothing about free brain age.

How did you get that deal?

With gas prices so high these days, i'd rather not bother commuting to a GameStop. I can wait a week to get my DS Lite. Thanks OP!

AHAHAHAHA! Try living in Britain, specifically South-East of England.

I have yet to get the NSMB but I just got a DS lite today and it is totally awesome. Almost good enough for me to get rid of my GP2X..... Ha who am I kidding? I love them both like childeren.

Now if only someone could put a DS, GP2X, PDA, Cellphone, a good camera, and an iPod all into one. Life would be perfect.

Everyone says that, but when it comes out (Gizmondo) noone gives it enough attention and it dies.

Ha! I laugh. "All-in-one" my ass.

Now that I got a DS Lite I figured it was time to look into what is involved with homebrew on the DS .

I found out that their are some pretty cool apps for it , Like hexen , doom , heritic, vnc client for your computer(which is awesome with the touchscreen), email viewer , beta web browser, beta genises, stella , chat programs, scummvm , internet radio, mp3 player, command line linux ,and much more (god the GP2X needs intergrated WIFI) .

And "modding" A ds is simple you can just order a Max Media Launcher (just ordered mine HERE )Then you can run any homebrew on a DS via a Flash Cart like the Neo or the likes on your DS .

Yes you can run commercial NDS and GBA Roms to , but that is really not the point .

If you don't want to have the max media launcher in your DS at all times you can Flash your ds's firmware with an app (and Flashrom) Called Flashme . This will streamline the DS Booting process and in essence let you run homebrew code on your DS without the Max Launcher . More info can be found HERE (*little out of date*) .

The only disadvantages I see with this , is for DS lite users your Gba FlashCart (which runs SD Media *bounus* :lol: ) will stick out of the bottom of your DS Lite just like a standard GBA game . And I am not entirely sure but I do not believe that you can go online if you DS has been flashed with Flashme (marioKart) .

To check out some more apps or for some good reading check out the DCemu forum for the DS HERE .

I am in no way an expert on this subject as I have only done like 4 hours of casual googleing . If anyone knows more please chime in .

And I am still looking for the best place to buy an SD Flashcart ( if anyone knows let me know )

Back