Snes9x4p bug with illusion of gaia/time, will not load states

flashlightbuff

Still Fresh
Ive tried roms for both illusion of gaia and illusion of time (same game different regional dumps) Whenever i save a state, and then load that state, the music is frozen/stopped, playing whatever note was playing during quick save. When you change more than 1 or 2 screens, the game stops responding and will just sit at a black transition screen.

I havent had any other issues with snes9x4p and would love to see this fixed, this is a classic awesome game!

Once upon the time I had some similar issues in Terranigma. IIRC the same engine is used in both games. Later on I could no longer observe those issues, somehow they vanished in some of my updates even though I changed nothing regarding the sound engine, that one is still the same as it came from Snes9x in that ancient version the port is based on and it will not be changed.

No good idea what you can/should do to make sure that those issues don't happen anymore. Though personally I'd just make sure to use more than just one savestate slot as well as use the normal ingame save system.

Another weird bug I'm encountering (I think that started with the new kernel) is that it needs a long time to quit and then reload picklelauncher. Often even about 10 seconds...

Could you check what's happening there?

Could this be related to how long it takes exiting from thunar (also squeeze) and back to minimenu that has been in existing since HF6 I believe (it still annoys me since I have to keep another filemanager on my card even though thunar and squeeze are built in to OS).

Just press escape after quitting the game. Puts you right back to picklelauncher.

Back