Saving With Gpsp

trentg

I've tried every different way I can think of, but I can't seem to get gpSP to retain save states from my game. The game I'm playing (from the very beginning each time >_<) is Summon Night. This is my procedure which I've learned from another thread about SNES saving: play game, when you reach a save point in the game, save it in game. Then go to the gpSP menu and press B on "Save state to slot 0". Just to check I've even tried saving to all 10 slots. However, when I return to my game, and press "Load state from slot 0", it just bounces me back into the game at the point I was at when I entered the gpSP menu. If I go back to the menu in game, there is no "Load" option and thus nothing saved to load. If I restart in the gpSP menu, same thing, nothing to load. I have no .sav files on my SD card after exiting gpSP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like something was wrong with your SD card. My Wiz has often stopped being able to create or modify files on SD. I think this problem is likely to occur if you remove the SD without correctly unmounting it, but I think I've seen it happen in other cases too. The SD support on Wiz seems pretty buggy.

Ya well, I'm happy with it. Far better visually than my real gba which is too dark for me to play. I'm getting a GBA SP soon... not sure if I'll prefer that or the wiz. Too busy to play the game now anyway, I bought it for research but I have to finish the game I'm working on now first :)

It turns out it is something to do with the sd card. Originally I was using an 8GB SDHC card when it wouldn't save (I checked it and there were no errors on the card -- note also that gpsp would not save my rom directory when I exited in addition to not saving save games). I had an unused 32MB regular sdc card, and decided to try that. With just gpsp and the gba rom on the card, it saves! Since I won't be swapping to play many other games (I suppose I could fit a couple more on if I really want) this will work just fine.

Back