Drpocketsnes 6.5.0 Save States Not Working

FEARcaanoo

Still Fresh
I recently started to use save states for a specific game which is Super Castlevania 4 if it matters. However, whenever I save a state and load it, the game resumes as if I didn't do anything. I've tried putting SRAM on auto but that didn't work either. Thanks for any help. 

1. Did you try to change from fast to campatible mode and vice versa? I'm not talking about the sound option inside the emulator. You'll have to start a different file inside the folder. Making a second ini file is the easiest way to get both versions at a time.
2. Did you try the latest version of Drpocketsnes? I guess 7.2 can be found somewhere on this site.
3. Did you try a different emulator? There's also Snes9x4C for the Caanoo. Drpocketsnes is usually the better choice, but since the emulators are just around 1MB in size it would not be amiss to have several of them on your sd card, even if you'll need it for just one game.

Akabei said:
1. Did you try to change from fast to campatible mode and vice versa? I'm not talking about the sound option inside the emulator. You'll have to start a different file inside the folder. Making a second ini file is the easiest way to get both versions at a time.
2. Did you try the latest version of Drpocketsnes? I guess 7.2 can be found somewhere on this site.
3. Did you try a different emulator? There's also Snes9x4C for the Caanoo. Drpocketsnes is usually the better choice, but since the emulators are just around 1MB in size it would not be amiss to have several of them on your sd card, even if you'll need it for just one game.
I tried linking it to the fast version with pocketsnes_fast.ini but it didn't work. I also tried launching it from explorer but my system just completely froze. I would like to upgrade to 7.2. but the one on openhandhelds is completely different from the 6.5.0. build and the .gpe files themselves wouldn't launch either without freezing. 

Akabei said:
I've uploaded version 7.2 of Pocketsnes including ini-files for compatible and fast mode. Unfortunately I had to use a filehoster since you can only upload files up to 1000KB here and the zip is 1301KB.

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/62546482/file.html

I hope this will work for you.

Ok, so I went into 7.2.0. and the save state issue is still there. Also, it seems to delete the states when I exit out of the program. To add, I cant even get the ini to work even though i'm doing it correctly. Is there something wrong with my Caanoo?

I don´t suppose it has anything to do with your SDcard. Can you save state or a file with any other emulator or caanoo´s app? 

FEARgp said:

Ok, so I went into 7.2.0. and the save state issue is still there. Also, it seems to delete the states when I exit out of the program. To add, I cant even get the ini to work even though i'm doing it correctly. Is there something wrong with my Caanoo?

Did you edit the ini files included in the zip file?

What version of firmware are you using?

Akabei said:

Did you edit the ini files included in the zip file?

What version of firmware are you using?

Ok. I went out and bought a new sd card and now the save states work perfectly fine. However, I cannot get the caanoo to recognize any of my ini files as none of my emulators show up under games. I formatted the card and let it create its game folder and then I copied over the ini files and put them in there, but it still wont recognize them. 

Sometimes copying files to OSX kind of get some stuff different on it, I heard about...
If you did backup your older SDcard to a MAC OSX, that maybe the case...

I don´t know how to fix it though.

Otherwise, .ini files are not the emulators itself, there are more files involved onto it.

erico said:
Sometimes copying files to OSX kind of get some stuff different on it, I heard about...

Otherwise, .ini files are not the emulators itself, there are more files involved onto it.
UPDATE So I found out that my files were messed up during transfer and I just recopied my files on the old sd card again and that did the trick. However, im still trying to figure out the ini issue for drpocketsnes 7

Ok, so since 6.5.0 now has working save states, I believe my problem has been fixed. Thank you Akabei and erico for the assistance. For anyone looking at this the problem is older sd cards may have this issue.

FEARgp said:

UPDATE So I found out that my files were messed up during transfer and I just recopied my files on the old sd card again and that did the trick. However, im still trying to figure out the ini issue for drpocketsnes 7

I'm glad you were able to get it working again. 

One more word about the ini files. If you edit (or just even open and save) them you have to save the file in Unix code, or the Caanoo won't be able to recognize them anymore.

In Notepad++ you'll find it in preferences-> New Document/Default Directory-> Format

Back