Pocketsnes Save States Not Working

Protagonist

Still Fresh
Hi, this is my first post here. I was a casual F200 user, and I've been essentially stuck to my Wiz since I picked it up. I'm planning on doing some homebrew development for the WiZ once I have more time, but as a crazed CS student right now, I just don't have the time neccesary.

With that little bit of an introduction out of the way, I have a problem with PocketSNES, my save states aren't working. I've tried it on several different games with the same result. When I try to save the state, it seems to crash, (screen locks up, becomes unresponsive). A state is seemingly created, but when I try to load it there is no data in the file and it just dumps me to the game intro screen. I haven't updated my firmware for the WiZ yet, (might be a part of the problem) but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try.

Any suggestions?

-Protagonist

Protagonist said:
Hi, this is my first post here. I was a casual F200 user, and I've been essentially stuck to my Wiz since I picked it up. I'm planning on doing some homebrew development for the WiZ once I have more time, but as a crazed CS student right now, I just don't have the time neccesary.

With that little bit of an introduction out of the way, I have a problem with PocketSNES, my save states aren't working. I've tried it on several different games with the same result. When I try to save the state, it seems to crash, (screen locks up, becomes unresponsive). A state is seemingly created, but when I try to load it there is no data in the file and it just dumps me to the game intro screen. I haven't updated my firmware for the WiZ yet, (might be a part of the problem) but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try.

Any suggestions?

-Protagonist

Just as a response to my own thread, moving the emulators to the NAND memory and keeping all of the Roms on the SD card seems to have fixed the problem.

-Protagonist

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I can think of is that you've accidently locked the SD card, the trouble with saves on the NAND is they disappear when you update the firmware.
I've had problems with the sram saves though, I've put a post here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50183-pocketsnes-v6-5-0-final-released/page__pid__770537__st__15&#entry770537

Cheers, Neil

After posting this, my game crashed while saving!

Neil L said:
The only thing I can think of is that you've accidently locked the SD card, the trouble with saves on the NAND is they disappear when you update the firmware.
I've had problems with the sram saves though, I've put a post here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50183-pocketsnes-v6-5-0-final-released/page__pid__770537__st__15&#entry770537

Cheers, Neil

After posting this, my game crashed while saving!

Yeah, but I'll never update the firmware without copying the contents of the NAND to hard-disk, so there won't be a problem with that. As for locking the SD card, that should prevent the movement of any sort of files, so I wouldn't be able to transfer anything on or off of the SD card. The locking problem also crossed my mind, and moving the physical lock on the card both directions didn't fix anything.

I'm still happy with the performance of the WiZ now that I can save anyways, so it's not a big deal.

-Protagonist

Back