Snes9X4D4P - Help Me Beta Test

Prometheus said:
Well, whaddaya know? I had no idea. Thanks for that, jumpman.

How well does DKC run? That's one I'm excited to try, and I've not seen a mobile device that could play it really well without some sort of frame skipping yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfectly. :) It's been incredibly nostalgic for me, playing it again on a device that runs it so well.

Prometheus said:
Perfectly. :) It's been incredibly nostalgic for me, playing it again on a device that runs it so well.

Wonderful! :D

I finished that game to 101% completion when I was younger... Soon I'll get to do it again! :D

I'll have to give this a test with the new versions in this thread, but personally I ran into a problem in terranigma where it freezes up the emulator. It's when you're helpiing the baby lion and a sand moster-type thing threatens you. At this point all input is choked off and nothing works anymore, although you can still see the cloud layer scrolling still.

I can send a savestate from right before it and/or the sram from a ways back if needed...

Skeezix: Just started going with the _3 build, and have to mention that in terranigma when I load a savestate it doesn't properly initialize the audio so when it goes back to game the audio is stuck in a small loop (like it does when you go to the menu at any time), but never starts playing proper again.

sience: In the new beta it works just fine, if you still want me to send the .srm I can, but I'm guessing that if it's fixed in skeezix's new build it's fine in yours ;)

Was the version with .cht support released, or is that just in the upcoming version?

If I may make a humble feature request for such upcoming version, I'd love to see a cpu speed option, with the ability to set mhz globally and per game for more demanding games (Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings, etc).

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this emulator. I'm pretty impressed of the firsts results. But I have one question.

I would like to know if the sound is going to be better in the future release. It's like it's missing something. For example in the begining of Final Fantasy 6, when we are suppose to ear the wind, the sound is too acute (not sure of the word... english is not my first language). Well, it's a weird sound...

Any updates pending for Snes9x? I'm really looking forward to scaling options and some optimizations!

Haven't heard from this thread in a while.

comp_wizard said:
Any updates pending for Snes9x? I'm really looking forward to scaling options and some optimizations!

Haven't heard from this thread in a while.
Skeezix has been pretty crunched on time what with real life and all recently. I don't remember when he said things would get back to normal, probably another week or two. If you prefer 3:2 scaling he did post a beta version in the developers section of the forums. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54816-snes9x4d4p-beta-32-scaling-hack/

Yeah i had a 4 week 'no free tme at all' block, just coming to close

Jeffphone

So many projects ;)

Minimenu enhancements? Or a config gui since few are brave enough to hack the con files direct

Snes9x stuff

Hatari

Two new games

Battlejewels multiplayer

Some colem stuff

Kronos

A dozen others...

Hmm :)

skeezix said:
Yeah i had a 4 week 'no free tme at all' block, just coming to close

Jeffphone

So many projects ;)

Minimenu enhancements? Or a config gui since few are brave enough to hack the con files direct

Snes9x stuff

Hatari

Two new games

Battlejewels multiplayer

Some colem stuff

Kronos

A dozen others...

Hmm :)

whichever you prefer most. I am very grateful for all the coding you do.

Me too.

There seems to be quite a few people about able to port but not many able to optimise?

Thanks for all your work Jeff :) These forums are a better place with you around.

Back