Snes9X4C Won't Work

vEGA-rJ

Still Fresh
Hi all,
i'm trying to use snes9x4c but isn't working at all.

I installed it as usual, copying it on my sd but when I try to execute it, it will return to caanoo menu.

My caanoo has firmware 1.5 installed and inside the snes9x folder there's a file called log.txt. If i open it the only thing i see is "segmentation fault".

Anyone could help me?

;(

Ok, i solved by changing the SD and using a 2gb panasonic one...

But it's normal to have so poor performance? Only 15fps on ninjawarriors?

There's a way to overclock it?

it's a fairly early version and thus ends up with quite poor framerate. best you can do is help out if you can code and wait if you can't.

Yeah, Snes9x4C is pretty rough around the edges at the moment, at the moment it runs about as well as the Dingux version. It should improve though, since the Wiz was pretty good at SNES emulation. No-one knows when though... :unsure:

I can say that a lot of SNES games ARE running very well already though, it's mainly the later ones that struggle. Personally I found Ninja Warriors very playable at that framerate, but sure, it could be better.

vEGA-rJ said:
Ok, i solved by changing the SD and using a 2gb panasonic one...

But it's normal to have so poor performance? Only 15fps on ninjawarriors?

There's a way to overclock it?

Yes you can overclock it. You just need to create a gpu file with the overclocking information in it and make your ini launch the gpu first. If you need me to post the information let me know. The best version to use is the one that has picklelauncher integrated in it. If you need me to package it up so you don't have to edit the scripts yourself let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got everything working on mine, including the overclocking to about 750Mhz, but I cannot get the ini file to launch the gpu first, I always have to manually choose the gpu file. I've tried switching it to that file, but it isnt visible when I try to go to it on my caanoo

Back