New Caanoo User's Guide

yongleesmg

Still Fresh
Hi everyone

I recently purchased CaaNoo thinking it would be cool to play MAME or other console games on a handheld device. I received it today from ThinkGeek and was very excited to start playing with it. That would be a big No No! I don't know what the hell I'm doing with the device.

Will someone please upload a userguide with clear English instructions on how to install games and apps. Instructions on what files are needed and where to place them.

By the way, the only thing I successfully did was update the firmware to 1.5.

I'm interested in installing Mame4all, PicoDrive and Snes9x4C.

Thanks in advance.

... It's not too complex. Download the emulators / apps / games you want (I recommend Worship Vector) from the app archive:
Worship Vector Link
When you open the zip, look until you have something like this:

-Folder of item you downloaded -
-Name of item.ini-

Then, put the folder and ini file onto your Caanoo's SD Card - put them in the Apps folder if it is an application, and in the Games folder if it isn't. Really, I don't think it matters where you put the files - it's just for management purposes. So, you should have something like this, for example:

Caanoo SD Card
\____
Games
\____
Worship Vector (folder)
Worship Vector.ini

In this example, the Worship Vector folder is the folder containing the game (or application if you downloaded that), and the ini file loads the executable and image files viewable in the menu.

Back