Sms_Sdl For Caanoo (By Joyrider) With Picklelauncher (By Pickle)

no i did not yet, i just moved to a new place, and only recently got internet back, so did not have much time yet to do so... still have to find my caanoo in one of my boxes, but i'm 4 days at home now so i should be able to package it and release it in the next few days

joyrider said:
no i did not yet, i just moved to a new place, and only recently got internet back, so did not have much time yet to do so... still have to find my caanoo in one of my boxes, but i'm 4 days at home now so i should be able to package it and release it in the next few days

Your link is down could you please reup this?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sorry much is going on atm, i'm having a bit of trouble with my health atm and going through a rough period, i still should have the sources for all of this, so i'll try to do a new build once i feel better and have the time for it all. Currently i have to look after myselve first

joyrider said:
i'm sorry much is going on atm, i'm having a bit of trouble with my health atm and going through a rough period, i still should have the sources for all of this, so i'll try to do a new build once i feel better and have the time for it all. Currently i have to look after myselve first

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMS SDL for Caanoo works fine for me. I can finally play Defender of Oasis and Golden Axe Warrior. Both Classic RPGs. Dr. SMS needs some work. Thank You.

don't know what's wrong with drsms, but my sms_sdl port is basically plain sms_sdl with a menu frontend put on top of it and a few scaling functions. I don't think i adopted anything emulation related or tried to add speed ups.

I'm also not certain if i ever released the version with the screenshots for savestates in it. The screenshot for savestates functionality still uses sdl_savebmp though which seems to speed up the emulator after using the function for a split second (like when there's no frame limiter all of a sudden for a split second). At least i can't remember but i still have that source code laying around, only thing i need to check is the deadzone stuff and perhaps add an option to redefine the controls. I could do another release with those modifications but i really hate creating those damn menu images and ini files, i have the same problem with hitnruns game&watch simulator, i basically have that finished as well but can't seem to put myselve to create those images for the default menu and readme's its more of an hassle to prepare something for release then making the actuall port.

^
Is there any way I can help? I'd like to see these released and I'd help any way I can though I can't code or anything... :)

Back