Smashedit 0.1

I have a suggestion for the character edit program. Could you make it so that you would be able to set the hit points farther away from the center of the character?
Like maybe being able to scroll around farther away from the middle point to set the collision?
I'm trying to make zero and when i get him all centered up, a great bit of his z-saber is offscreen and i need the collsision to be there.

Great program though. despite my current pallete problems, missing moves, the collision not being able to be correctly placed, and the background on my character being not transparent. My character works fairly well so far.. :D

Yes, DON'T WORRY about transparency problems. I'll explain how to do it quick with the new bmp2pak program.

About the hit point, well; looks like a zoom setting would be good. I'll look into it and I'll try to release a new beta of charedit at the same time.

Ok, I just finished modifying bmp2pak. It now opens bmps from 8 to 32 bits, and asks for a palette file (.act) before saving, as it applies this palette to all the bmps. But it has no dithering method, so the results won't be as good as with a professional program. Anyway it saves a lot of time.

The palette is also ready, and has its color #255 as #00FFFF. If your background color is different, just change the last palette's color with your transparent one before using bmp2pak. Use the first palette (pal00.act) for bmp2pak.

Now I have to modify the game so that it can take any palette file (for the pre-defined colors).

I'll upload everything tomorrow when the new fxe (0.2b) is ready.

can some body post some of the charectors they made for the game my charctor editor wont work cause the windos needs the something to make it work so please send .chr files thanks great game by the way :lol: please amail me also knukles55@yahoo.com

Didn't you hear! The only character so far is Mario. Some people are working on some characters for this game. ( like me) but it'll prolly be a while until they'll be a large selection of characters to use.

For next version I'll ask only 4 a more difficult level, bc I fought 4 marios in Hard level, 10 minutes and I beated them 16, -4, -4, -8...so, very easy I think

Well, in this release there will only be one more character (Sonic, by Raphael). And the modified palette. That's all (and the modified bmp2pak program).
I'll work on the AI later.

Ok that's it, I can't wait more, have to put this online:
(see attached file for bmp2pak2)

The 0.2 beta of the game will be out this Sunday, with Sonic as new default character (thanks again to Raphaël, see the game's credits).

To all new character creators:
If you download the SmashEdit from the GP32x File Archive, it will already contain the new bmp2pak.

Hi, i'm a newbie and i'm doing a super smash bros game, but i have a problem with the stages. You can only put mod files for music. I tried to convert my midi files to mod files, but the sound quality is horrible... It's possible, or it will be possible to put midi files in the arenaedit? Thanks.

[ sorry if my english is bad... i'm from spain ] B) :wacko: :blink:

Yeah! Your new bmp2pack has solved all my problems. I thought I would have to remake all the sprites :eek: . I hope I had finished with the Samus character by this weekend. I am testing it and I have to add the sounds. I also wanna see those knukles and megaman characters (and captain falcon also). Good luck guys.

Hey pakoito! K tal tio? Pos ya ves a ver si me pueden decir lo de los midi, xq los mod son horrendos y no encuentro canciones de juegos en formato mod. Tu sabes d alguna pagina k tenga? o como conseguirlos? B)

I don't think I'll add a midi support... But I'll have a look at it anyway :)

Glad to see the nex bmp2pak solves some problem B)

Back