Smashedit 0.1

Ok, sorry for talking in spanish gba-cube. And thanks for having a look at it anyway, mATkEUpON. Ah! And good work pal. Your super smash GP is AWESOME! B) gp32_console

sasuke, I've looked for some video-game mods, but I wasn't lucky at all, sorry. This weekend I'll look for them more carefully, ok? (And I'll also try all the betas I've got in my email, put ABENSIS film into GP32, continue learning Fenix, etc etc etc, just give me time please!)

Ok, take it easy pal. But thanks a lot for looking them too. Are you learning Fenix? Its difficult? I want to know more about that and learn to program something. But i'll supose you have to know something about programming to understand it right? Thanks a lot for your help man. B)

ok,i'mmakng some new arenas,but i have a few problems:

when i try to make the background thing,not the image,i mean the 2nd layer,the arena maker will only accept the one in the small arena example file,the one provided with the editor.every time a try to make a new one,it says the file has to be a certain size,wich it is,and i get that even if i rename the file provided with the editor.so,i'm using the same file,rename it,and even that won't work.

second,i understand you can only use the tiles provided with the original map for now?it would be much more fun to be able to use any tileset,as right now it's kind of hard to be very creative with the arenas look,and i keep getting all these neat ideas.

thanks,great work on the game!

Yes, I think I'll use my tileset system from GpFinalWar here too, that way you'll be able to change the tileset.

The problem with Mappy (and the background map) is that Mappy often exports the maps with another array following the map in the TXT file. So you should open your .TXT map files (both), and remove the second array (the smaller one) at the end of the file.

I need to check here more often, I had no idea this game was out. :D

I'm making a Link character using Four Swords sprites. No guarantees if I'll actually finish it. Is there a better way of testing out the sprite other than compiling it and putting it on the gp32 every time? I mean, I'd like a way of testing out stuff like the acceleration, hit damage projection, and most importantly, the animation speed.

Nice game by the way! :)

any news on being able to use external tilesetes?when will it be implemented?

Sorry watoto, but the 0.3 version won't load external tilesets yet... But the next should.

By the way, I can release a GeePee32 version of the game with a pre-built smc file, for testing purposes.

mATkEUpON posted on Dec 3 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
By the way, I can release a GeePee32 version of the game with a pre-built smc file, for testing purposes.

That'd be great! :) I'll just need to download GeePee32. Another emulator to add to the collection. :) Just as long as I can test my character with out having to compile and download it (to the gp32) 100 times before finishing it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact, you'll have to rebuild the virtual smc file each time you change a sprite or a move, but that's faster than transferring the chr and pak files each time to the gp32.

:ph34r: i'm trying to make cloud strife but it's very hard any one got a good tutorial?? :huh:

also i tryied the smashG pac generater and it dident work for me :(

Back