Small paid job

I'm planning to make the search section have a list of lots more categories which will work with tags as an option for people

who like extremely accurate descriptions.

We have tried to keep the site as simple as possible though.

I know about that url bug, the way I code I tend to fix errors I don't know the reason for before I fix the ones I understand, it's just an address error. I'll fix it tonight maybe.

This bloody chest infection seems to be making a come back. Need to pop to the pharmacy and see what they think.

I can understand how you would want to pay someone just so they see it as a job and can be spoken to if they don't provide on time. Unlike a willing volunteer who might get in a "well you must realise I'm doing this for free in my spare time you know" mantra.

I might have an idea for Milkshake concerning the checking of the apps before going on the website. On my Nokia N900 you can open up different "levels" of apps you can download. Top level are fully checked apps that should be completely safe to install. then you have apps that have gone through a some testing by different users and are probably safe to install but need some runtime under their belt and then you have the level where developers can just drop in their first versions and the pioneers can go install it and happily accept the risk they'll probably have to reflash their phone every now and again.

You could do the same so if someone trusts the developer he can have instant access to the app and the developer has the instant gratification of people being able to use the fruits of his hard labor. Then the testing panel can do their thing and once it goes through a series of checks it can go up a level and people who like to be sure before they install can choose to download it.

That way it's all available all the time but at the same time the less adventurous users can protect themselves.

I might have an idea for Milkshake concerning the checking of the apps before going on the website. On my Nokia N900 you can open up different "levels" of apps you can download. Top level are fully checked apps that should be completely safe to install. then you have apps that have gone through a some testing by different users and are probably safe to install but need some runtime under their belt and then you have the level where developers can just drop in their first versions and the pioneers can go install it and happily accept the risk they'll probably have to reflash their phone every now and again.

Oooo I really like the idea of using a roll out model like the N900, especially if it could be implemented better. Took far too long for some apps to make it out of dev/test and some of them really shouldn't have...

Back