Size Comparison

On Openpandora.ca there are also a lot of older, WIP renderings. :)
That's why some are missing some stuff here and there and things have been moved.

Yrx said:
GunPei2X said:
Peter R said:
The current design has two shoulder buttons in total as far as I know.
The renders here http://openpandora.ca/ don't seem to, unfortunately.

Uh, yes they do. Look at the one showing the back of the system. Third from the left.

D'oh, I misread what Peter said -- I thought he meant two shoulder buttons per side.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone missed it, I posted a mockup video on Youtube. The second one has a comparison to the GP2X. Links in the other thread and my sig.

Was this already posted ?
MWeston has uploaded new comparison videos, using a plastic mockup of the Pandora :

default.jpg default.jpg

Magnulus said:
I am not going to miss that damn stick pointing out from the GP2X...
So won't I. I think I lost something like 4 joycaps since I got it. The base one, the one from davec, the one offered for free by GPH, and yet another one of the 2 I ordered from craigx's website.

But from a pragmatic point of view, the biggest flaw corrected by the new design is the way the screen is now protected. I'll feel more confident carrying the Pandora around.

The pandora has a touch screen right? If it will have when released where will the stylus be going? same sort of thing as the ds?

MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
The pandora has a touch screen right? If it will have when released where will the stylus be going? same sort of thing as the ds?
I asked the same thing a while ago, but didn't get a response. It is such a small thing to add stylus storage, and it would make a world of difference from a convenience standpoint. I suppose you can always use your fingers for basic touchscreen input, but considering the near-microscopic dot pitch pf the LCD, it will be impossible to do any detail work. Even something as simple as selecting text for cut/paste purposes will require an actual stylus. I really hope this is factored into the final design before they start molding the plastic.

Back