Screen Resolution Comparison

brandonorban

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have a comparison of the different screen resolutions of some previous handhelds:

screen.jpg

NB: Pandora's screen is basically the same size as the PSP screen, only much higher resolution (PSP:480x272 vs. Pandora:800x480).

Pandora is basically the same size as a DS Lite, but a little bit longer.

See the web site for more details ( http://www.openpandora.org/ )

Is there a restriction on new members posting URLs here? (There is on another forum I use)

Best bet is to host it on Imageshack. It will need to be unzipped, and under 1.5mb. Once it's hosted, link it here using IMG tags:

CODE

...or just copy Imageshack's thumbnail code into your post.

Brandon Orban said:
I have a comparison of the different screen resolutions of some previous handhelds (Email me I dont't know how to link)

open_pandora@live.com

- It would be nice if you would tell me how to link the picture
- It's in Zip format
Email it to me: webmaster@bunnitude.com.

I will host it on my website.

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
There ya go. Converted from a 2MB BMP to a 166k JPEG. :p
That's a screen resolution comparison, not a screen size comparison. The Pandora LCD is about the same height as the GP2X LCD, and only a bit wider. It just happens to cram in a lot more pixels per inch.

Please remove this. This is why people think the Pandora is as big as an eee and has a massive screen.

Just in case anyone comes here and thinks the Pandora is huge...

It's not. In fact it's quite compact!

Pandora's screen is basically the same size as the PSP screen, only much higher resolution (PSP:480x272 vs. Pandora:800x480).

Pandora is basically the same size as a DS Lite, but a little bit longer.

Just to tidy the thread, I've updated the first post with both the picture and the text in prophets' post.

teggun said:
Please remove this. This is why people think the Pandora is as big as an eee and has a massive screen.
Except that the resolution comparison is using the size comparison. ;)

this would be alot less confusing if it was done with something other then a picture of the pandora, even the pandora logo would be fine... when i first looked at this image i thought the pandoras themselves that are pictured were supposed to show screen size and was confused because the screens all had the same screen ratio even though some should be 4:3.

Jackd said:
this would be alot less confusing if it was done with something other then a picture of the pandora, even the pandora logo would be fine... when i first looked at this image i thought the pandoras themselves that are pictured were supposed to show screen size and was confused because the screens all had the same screen ratio even though some should be 4:3.
i agree , i was searching a DS and PSP the first time i saw picture :p

Back