Is There A Life-size Image Available?

SecretLoser

Still Fresh
I was wondering if anyone knows where/if I can find a life-size image of the Pandora (similar to the cardboard cut-out sent to the donators) that I can print out. I am 99% sold on this unit, but would like to be able to "play" with a life-size mock-up first.

+1

I too would like to gt something I can print out. I would like to get some 'hands-on' experience with a mock up to test out how well I could reach the controls. This will most likely go some way to deciding whether I will get on eor not.

New model version :blink: . Any guess as to when we might be able to see the changes in renders?

How about an .stl file of the actual 3D model?

Then I could make a prototype of it and try out a plastic mockup of it!

Yeah, printing at 600dpi did not work for me either. However, I just used IranView to resize the image to the actual size of the Pandora and it came out perfect.

I've printed it out at 600dpi, and placed it side by side with my PSP and DS, if that helps:

aV46niwi.jpg

note that i blackened the screens to remove some unnecessary reflections of my room (heh)

atomicthumbs said:
I tried printing it (on my 600dpi laser printer), and it filled the page with the corner of the screen.

Oh well.
My printer is quite crappy and I was able to get a full sized print out by selecting a "no borders/margins" print and telling it the paper size was 140mm wide. Would this trick work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you try to use Firefox, it will always convert your images to around 90 DPI, or 72 DPI, or something around there. You have to use software that allows you to say "print at 600 DPI". I usually use GIMP myself.

Lobo said:

We're currently working on that, a special STL with fake buttons and keyboard.
I guess we can then release that one here :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Lobo said:

We're currently working on that, a special STL with fake buttons and keyboard.
I guess we can then release that one here :)

whoa.. that would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

I've got a few 3D printers sitting around at work: I'm sure the boss won't mind (or maybe even notice ;))

Back