Simple Gp2x Stand

TyBO123 posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:40 AM said:
As a result of the tighter fit, the GP2x can now stand a beautiful 82.5 degree angle.

82.5 degrees? Wow how did you measure it so accurate?

Looks cool though for those that watch movies on it.
You could stand a protracter next to it to see the angle. ;)

Very nice mod! Is there a pad of rubber or something underneath the part that touches the table to keep it stable, or does it stand up like that on its own?

it's easy, just measure te length of the stand, then, measure the distance between the lowest border of your gp and the holes, then divide the 2nd measure by the first one, and that's the TG, use your calc (or do the arcTG yourself XD ) the know the EXACT angle. Man, it's basic trigonometry! XDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo, has anyone actually calculated the angle of the faceplate with the table yet ?

I'm dying to know how close I was.

Here's my stand I just made. Metal used was a standard clothes hanger, very easy to cut with a strong pair of sheers. Took about 5 minutes, and keeps the GP2X at a nice angle

ASK posted on Aug 20 2006 at 12:08 PM said:
Here's my stand I just made. Metal used was a standard clothes hanger, very easy to cut with a strong pair of sheers. Took about 5 minutes, and keeps the GP2X at a nice angle

That is a very cool stand that you made, but please don't bump old topics.

g4m3r posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:59 PM said:

Yes, bumping old topics with new information or something relevant is so very bad! :rolleyes: I guess it would have been better to make a WHOLE NEW THREAD when one already existed, right? Come on, you're not that stupid.

ASK posted on Aug 20 2006 at 01:47 PM said:
g4m3r posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:59 PM said:

Yes, bumping old topics with new information or something relevant is so very bad! :rolleyes: I guess it would have been better to make a WHOLE NEW THREAD when one already existed, right? Come on, you're not that stupid.
I'm sorry, but I don't find the information that you posted important enough to bump a 3 month old topic.

chill out dude. It's not like he bumped an emu topic with something stupid; I mean, I know you're disappointed because you thought there was an UPDATE on ninjak's metal stand, but just take some deep breaths ;)

A simple clothing hanger, eh? I think I'll try making one now :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
chill out dude. It's not like he bumped an emu topic with something stupid; I mean, I know you're disappointed because you thought there was an UPDATE on ninjak's metal stand, but just take some deep breaths ;)

A simple clothing hanger, eh? I think I'll try making one now :)
I'm sorry, it was just a misunderstanding. I didn't overreact that much! :p

Like I said before, very cool stand. :)

Heres my stand that I created, As you can see I took a slightly different approach.

Front

gp2xstandda5.jpg

Back

gp2xstandbackch1.jpg

Side

gp2xsideod5.jpg

Its basically just a peice of plastic tubing with braded metal solder running through the centre, the ends have been thinned slightly to fit in holes.

This design should work out a lot less bulky as it can be bent to fit into a pocket or case much more easily.

Back