New Gp2x Stand!

deepmenace posted on Aug 21 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
drill a hole in my liddle geepee :eek:
no way!
Not to fret.. looks like u just need to buy a spare battery cover :)
Nice looking stand techFreak. Very pro & easy to make, just the way I like my mods ;)

Any chance of giving us a bit more info on where to get one of the tripods like that? I only have the cheap ones that come free with digicams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk posted on Aug 21 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
deepmenace posted on Aug 21 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
drill a hole in my liddle geepee :eek:
no way!
Not to fret.. looks like u just need to buy a spare battery cover :)
Nice looking stand techFreak. Very pro & easy to make, just the way I like my mods ;)

Any chance of giving us a bit more info on where to get one of the tripods like that? I only have the cheap ones that come free with digicams.

Thanks for all those positive feedbacks.

I live in Istanbul and there are wide variety of this kind of tripods here. I don't know where to get it where to buy actually. But you can try online shops.

Paradox; I don't actually sell it. Because it wouldn't be economic to ship it. It's a simple mod that you can apply at home. But if you really need me to make it i for you.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 21 2006 at 03:16 PM said:
reaper79 posted on Aug 21 2006 at 09:10 AM said:
Wait a tick... I just noticed something in those pics. There is a USB port at the very top of the GP2X. What is that all about?
yeah that's strange....
That's the internal USB Host mod.

reaper79 posted on Aug 21 2006 at 04:10 PM said:
Wait a tick... I just noticed something in those pics. There is a USB port at the very top of the GP2X. What is that all about?

If am not mistaken, he applied the built in USB Host hack (which is so brave) that was posted a while ago on some site (either Ihacked or hackAday, not sure) and was mentioned on the news appearing in our home page, that is the exact position I suggested to GPH for a USB host port before they released GP2X, wish they listened to me at that time and saved us a lot of waiting times and headache ;)

Yes this is a USB Host Mod similar to the one posted in hackaday. The design in that website didn't work for me. I had to use different components to make it work. Now it works quite good with USB devices requiring less than 500 mA. ;)

Back