Simple Game Making App For Gp2x

OMars

Website
Visit site
I was just wondering-wouldn't that be so friggin awesome?! It would help the coding-disabled and even save time for actual coders(if it supports scripts :p )....

Another question is-is it possible to install it into the NAND memory? Then you can make games and apps anywhere :D .

It is not a suggestion :blink: or me trying to "make you do some project" <_< you don't want to do. It is just something I heard around the forum :ph34r: .

I reeally doubt you will want to "Then you can make games and apps anywhere"

just not productive and slow. it's possible but will be painful.

it's like chris rock said u can kill a lion with a steak knife but why would you want to ?

Wait a minute you're that guy geniv :huh: who pissed everybody off with your bad taste. Don't post in my topics man, you're a partypooper. :lol:

Drak - by "think" do you mean "know" or "want it to happen", don't take it in offense, just asking :p

I was just wondering-wouldn't that be so friggin awesome?! It would help the coding-disabled and even save time for actual coders(if it supports scripts :p )....

Another question is-is it possible to install it into the NAND memory? Then you can make games and apps anywhere :D .

It is not a suggestion :blink: or me trying to "make you do some project" <_< you don't want to do. It is just something I heard around the forum :ph34r: .

Well, Fenix scripting language will be on the GP2X within the next couple of months, and it is very powerful. It still requires some programming knowledge however, but there's no need to worry about setting up a dev environment as such.

What you're requesting might be more along the lines of the Shoot-Em-Up-Construction-Kit (SEUCK) being developed for the GP32 at the moment. Once development is finished on the GP32 it will quite likely be ported to the GP2X.

You can checkout the thread about it here - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=21263&hl=

Shows the GP32 will still have some life in it for a while yet ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute you're that guy geniv :huh: who pissed everybody off with your bad taste. Don't post in my topics man, you're a partypooper. :lol:
:blink: I don't think anything was wrong with his post here. And he has a point. Coding on the GP2X would be quite tedious since it has no good input method. Also, all game making involves coding, even RPG Maker and stuff. The only thing that would be useful on the GP2X directly would be a level editor. Well, maybe you could even add some game physics adjustments through a simple menu. The problem is that you either limit creativity a lot or you make it too tedious to use.

i still wonder about gamemaker by mark overmars, that program rocks, if someone can get the gamemaker executables to run on the 2x that owuld rock

i still wonder about gamemaker by mark overmars, that program rocks, if someone can get the gamemaker executables to run on the 2x that owuld rock

ZOT is easy to use :p Im sure Skeezix will port it if hes around cuz the gp2x is a nifty device, theres a gp32 version that works well.

Its basically using notepad on your gp2x to make the levels, and then u can test em on there as well.

:blink: I don't think anything was wrong with his post here. And he has a point. Coding on the GP2X would be quite tedious since it has no good input method. Also, all game making involves coding, even RPG Maker and stuff. The only thing that would be useful on the GP2X directly would be a level editor. Well, maybe you could even add some game physics adjustments through a simple menu. The problem is that you either limit creativity a lot or you make it too tedious to use.

Also, btw, SEUCK game editing is done completely on the handheld itself. It will be very intuitive, if you've used the original SEUCK on c64 or amiga/st then you'll know how this can work.

Everything will be able to be edited from your GP32, and later the GP2X. It will allow all manner of shoot-em-ups and other similar game types to be created, as well as intro screens etc. This will not limit creativity, the system is much more versatile than the original SEUCKs and I'm sure once released you'll see many quality productions using it that you wouldn't even be able to tell were produced with SEUCK.

No scripting languages, no complicated dev environments for compiling.

Anyway checkout the thread for GP32 development, this is something that will be coming to GP2X eventually, I'm sure The Wub will be happy to hear any suggestions for development of SEUCK. Except of course "Stop GP32 development and port this to GP2X NOW!" :p

ZOT is easy to use :p Im sure Skeezix will port it if hes around cuz the gp2x is a nifty device, theres a gp32 version that works well.

Its basically using notepad on your gp2x to make the levels, and then u can test em on there as well.
1. Nobody uses Zot. I don't know why but nobody does.
2. Typing on the GP2X doesn't work. It has nothing to type with. SMSing a Zot game is no fun.

@gp2brew: A SEUCK would be a nice option I guess (never tried one) but of course it is limiting creativity. :blink: You can pretty much only make shooter games with it.

2. Typing on the GP2X doesn't work. It has nothing to type with. SMSing a Zot game is no fun.

@gp2brew: A SEUCK would be a nice option I guess (never tried one) but of course it is limiting creativity. :blink: You can pretty much only make shooter games with it.

Well, it won't limit creativity in creating all kinds of shooters! ;)

If it allowed gravity for a player for instance, you could make platform type shooters, so that's something, hehe.

Anyway, it will be very powerful and just what some non-coding people will need to really have an outlet for their creativity.

Then type it up on ur computer.. and Test it on gp2x :p

OH and you can make any sort of game that a snes system can have with ZOT. For example: RPGS, Racing games, Side Scrollers [mario.etc]

The only reason i suggested ZOT is because it requires no coding knowldege etc,, and its really easy to use. Just going for flavour from reading his title.

Simple Game Making App For Gp2x

well the cool thing about gamemaker is you dont have to be able to code, AT ALL. basic games require exactly 0 coding whatsoever its pretty cool, someone should look into it

I happen to use gamemaker! It is awesome man. You can make any kind of game(with the registered version, even 3D)(also you can make applications). It doesn't need any coding but it does support scripts. :D Anybody that is thinking about getting it-should. I tried sending Mike Overmars a letter but it didn't work........ :( Unless ofcourse somebody is else is willing to code something like it! :) I would make so many games for this console if i could, but i have no coding skills. I think that many other people agree with that.

Tell me about what you guys think. :D

Yeah Gamemaker would be so nice, Is there anyway of contacting the dev ?, I can't find an email at the site.

I happen to use gamemaker! It is awesome man. You can make any kind of game(with the registered version, even 3D)(also you can make applications). It doesn't need any coding but it does support scripts. :D Anybody that is thinking about getting it-should. I tried sending Mike Overmars a letter but it didn't work........ :( Unless ofcourse somebody is else is willing to code something like it! :) I would make so many games for this console if i could, but i have no coding skills. I think that many other people agree with that.

Tell me about what you guys think. :D

Did u email the guy about source-code? You will need that first if u want this on the gp2x :p or make one from scratch :ph34r: hehe

just have to figure how to run the .exe games on the 2x. make the games on pc and put the games on 2x or whatever. try to get ahold of mark overmars and see if he would give yu the source or something like that mebe?

Back