*sigh* Wiz ....

darkriku

Is it Just me or is everyone wondering if they fixed the buttons a while ago *the october delay* and now its only software being worked on. Why has no one seen a Wiz with the new buttons is it that they havent finished the problems and are just saying they need to delay for software issue's or what? The new pictures they posted on their site have the Dual Crosspad. Wouldn't The new pictures show the new buttons . If its delayed again i dont know what ill do. Im just so sick and tired of the excuses of Oh we need new menu. Everyone knows the menu will be dropped quickly.

So if you don't want to read all that and want the point the summary is

Why havent we seen the damn redesigned Wiz if it should have been fixed by now?

Ps. Dont Flame me .... Actually whatever idk

Last edited by a moderator:
You just now presence here to watch it.

For instance, the official site has the preview.
gp2xwiz.com

My wiz has the corrected buttons. I think they have been fixed for quite some time now.
I speculate that they are delayed because of software/firmware, most likely with in regards to flash.

The dual crosspad *is* the new buttons...

The delays are due to the new menu (which most people will most likely remove and replace on the day they get it, but hey...)

Squidge said:

The delays are due to the new menu (which most people will most likely remove and replace on the day they get it, but hey...)
ok maybe its worth noting the buttons are independent of each other, meaning each one move without effecting the other, but they are still arranged in the cross pattern like the dpad.

'Pickle' said:
'Squidge' said:

ok maybe its worth noting the buttons are independent of each other, meaning each one move without effecting the other, but they are still arranged in the cross pattern like the dpad.

Almost all 4 button game pads have the 4 buttons in a cross like patern. The wiz really is no different. snes, psx, and other if you look at them they all sit in a cross formation. It's just more prominent when you look at them on the wiz since it's still using the same design as the early wiz edition. Not that big of a deal.

'geise69' said:
'Pickle' said:
'Squidge' said:

Almost all 4 button game pads have the 4 buttons in a cross like patern. The wiz really is no different. snes, psx, and other if you look at them they all sit in a cross formation. It's just more prominent when you look at them on the wiz since it's still using the same design as the early wiz edition. Not that big of a deal.

It isn't the same. Unlike most gamepads the buttons on the Wiz are flush next to each other and rectangular instead of rounded. Since they're already small this makes the thumb travel distance smaller and since there's less room between them it makes it easier to accidentally hit the wrong one (although not nearly as bad as it'd be if they were still connected).

If the buttons were round, they would have been even smaller. I can reach all of them with ease thanks to their straight outer edges, and I have average-sized hands.

Just because everything is done a certain way does not automatically mean that a slight deviation is a bad thing.

'Alex.' said:
Just because everything is done a certain way does not automatically mean that a slight deviation is a bad thing.
It is in the eyes of certain people here (you know who you are...).

'Alex.' said:
If the buttons were round, they would have been even smaller. I can reach all of them with ease thanks to their straight outer edges, and I have average-sized hands.

I was just saying that it isn't really a very similar design to everything else, there's no need to be defensive over an observation like that.

Now as far as usability goes, I have a Wiz and I'm entitled to my opinion - I don't think that it's the most comfortable setup imagineable. If that's the best they can do with the form factor (I don't personally believe that) then so be it, but if that's the case then I'd prefer a slightly larger handheld altogether.

The way I see it, GPH did the dual d-pads originally to simplify the design. Splitting it up was a (smart) appeasement to those who found the original layout very flawed, but it's still only a slight change in overall design.

Oh i was under the impression that the buttons were going to be in a circle fashion guess it was fixed :p sorry for the confusion. Still the menu is a bad reason for delay!

Back