Should I buy a Xperia 10" Tablet Z..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
My Nexus 7 is pretty much knackered & I've been thinking of upgrading to a 10" for some time now..

Should I go for one of these or would I be better served with a Nexus 10 something else entirely (no Apple products) or even waiting for whatever is incoming..?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BhvE_xNeRto?feature=oembed

The cheapest I've seen it is £399.. good value?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Nexus 7 is pretty much knackered
How so?

If it's software based then you could do worse than a clean wipe / root & unlock & install Paranoid Android.

As for whether you should buy the Sony then I doubt you'd be disappointed. Please give us your thoughts on it if you take the plunge. 

400-500 pounds is quite a bit for 16gb of storage.

This tablet is known to have sub par network performance. It also has a low light camera feature. I still prefer flash.

Nice for you it is waterproof yes? The screen quality is aces!!  For me that is the only strong point.

I don't quite like the hard edge plastic design .

I think you could get a tablet as good or better for 100 pounds less.

I prefer the Nexus . A powerful Android tablet indeed.

Last edited:
My choice would be a Galaxy Note (probably the 8) 

I think the S-Pen is a real productivity feature. Note taking, scribbling, easy copy pasting, annotating pdf's etc..  

The Xperia seems like a great tablet though, not much can go wrong there.  

Thanks for the replies.. I'm having trouble making up my mind especially in light of the network performance Coco mentions, the Note 8 is definitely a contender though.

I'm thinking that perhaps it may be worth waiting a little while, Nvidia are supposedly unveiling their Tegra 4 chips very soon & if the benchmarks that are flying around are to be believed they are head & shoulders above any other current soc's.

Tegra 4 tablets are being announced now.

This one looks good 
Just been looking at that before I came here.. it's packing some pretty crazy spec for a Tablet.. Tegra 4, 1.9GHz Quad Core, 2560x1600 screen res (take that Ipad 4!)

I'd like to see some real world usage reviews & battery life tests.. but atm I'm sorely tempted.

Expected USA price is $399 (without station dock) I can't see it retailing for anything like a comparable price in the UK though.. we're not called rip off Britain for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there is always something better coming and usually that 'better' thing also has some flaws. Also depends on what you like to do with the tablet. If it is a lot of gaming, performance and having the latest greatest can be worth waiting for but for general use I think the majority of this generation of Android tablets are fine. 

Tegra 4 tablets are being announced now.

This one looks good 
Just been looking at that before I came here.. it's packing some pretty crazy spec for a Tablet.. Tegra 4, 1.9GHz Quad Core, 2560x1600 screen res (take that Ipad 4!)

I'd like to see some real world usage reviews & battery life tests.. but atm I'm sorely tempted.

Expected USA price is $399 (without station dock) I can't see it retailing for anything like a comparable price in the UK though.. we're not called rip off Britain for nothing.
WANT! :D

Back