Shippy 1984 Ported!

Blah

Wanna Be Programmer
Website
Visit site
shot.gif

It is working now! I used Chui's awesome port of SDL. Thanks also to Evildragon for the file archive, all those who replied to my topic, and to Ryan Bloomfield for coding this game.

P.S. Could a BLU+ user tell me if the BLU+ version works, ok?

B)

BTW: I've been "testing" it all day, so far I haven't found any bugs.

Blah posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:39 AM said:
P.S. Could a BLU+ user tell me if the BLU+ version works, ok?

It should work without problems. I've seen the makefile you included for blu+ and it's correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blu+ version works great. Awesome job.
Is the slight pause when a bullet is fired/enemy is hit (can't tell quite when) normal? I guess it is related to sound?

pea posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:09 PM said:
The blu+ version works great. Awesome job.
Is the slight pause when a bullet is fired/enemy is hit (can't tell quite when) normal? I guess it is related to sound?

Blah, do you have the source code available for your port? I'd like to take a look at it to learn more about SDL.

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you all liked it. Its my first port ever of anything. Now that I've had a taste of SDL, I think I want to port some more stuff! :)

@Pea: I think the slight pause is normal. However it may be longer than in the original due to the speed of SDL. Before I clocked it up to 133mhz, it ran like total crap with crackly sound and long load times.

Blah posted on Oct 20 2005 at 12:26 AM said:
Before I clocked it up to 133mhz, it ran like total crap with crackly sound and long load times.
Could you please also compile versions that run at 144 and 156 MHz?

Haven't tried it, yet - is this game comparable to Galaga? Thanks for your effort!

Yeah, its based on those retro 80's shooters like Galaga and Galaxian. If you really need overclocked binaries after trying it, give the word. But please try it first, as I believe it works good enough at 133mhz.

Edit: I don't know what it ran at before I made the public version at 133mhz, it was at whatever is defualt by GPSDL, probably 66 or 40 mhz or so.

Back